This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
facebook group chat question?
04-01-2014, 03:05 AM
facebook group chat question?
ok so i was added to a facebook group chat group with some friends and people i'm not friends with. but when ever i log on facebook the chat pops up when i don't want it to. and then when i exit off of the group chat, it pops up again when someone enters something. how can i get it to stop/not pop up?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2014, 03:08 AM

I don't know but I am having the same problem... the only problem is my stupid friends made it to piss people off....

The only thing I have found is that you can go into the group page itself and unsubscribe so that you don't receive wall posts and stuff...

Ads

04-01-2014, 03:14 AM

seriously, someone help us out here. I'm having the same problem. At first i thought you could only see the chat when the group page was open, but I was very wrong. The people in the group talk SO MUCH, and while I don't want out of the group I want to figure out how to turn group chat off!

Facebook. Make group chat's show up as friends on your Chat window, so you can put them in a group by themselves and say you are offline to that group!

Can anyone stop the insanity of 40 people typing all day long?

From Facebook: How do I get out of or unsubscribe from a group chat? To leave a group chat, simply go offline. You can also minimize the Chat window and it will just stay in the bottom bar.
/help/?faq=18809

Apparently there is no way to stop a group chat other than going offline altogether. This is silly. Now I can't talk with my friends individually without a crazy group chat! I might just have to leave and re-join the group over and over!
04-01-2014, 03:29 AM

Go to the group page.
Hit the "Edit Settings" button in the top right.
Uncheck the last checkbox, "Send me group chat messages."
Hit the "Save Settings" button.