This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you agree with younger people going on Facebook?
04-01-2014, 07:46 AM
Do you agree with younger people going on Facebook?
So, my friend went on Facebook and saw that her friend Jenny's son (who is 11) had sent her a friend request. She was a bit confused on what to say but she declined him. But then I think Jenny's son must of told her and then Jenny went round to my friend ranting and raving saying "WHAT HAVE YOU GOT TO HIDE?!" And she basically befriended her. Recently, I got a friend request from Jenny's son and I quickly declined. Jenny had a go at me as well. I told her that I think he's to young to be on Facebook and then she said 'Give me one good reason why he can't be on Facebook" unfortunately, I couldn't think of anything at that moment (so i looked pretty stupid) and she walked out. Basically, do you think me and my friend were right to decline him and would you?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2014, 07:49 AM

I think that 11 is too young to be on facebook because the kids see each other at school everyday and they don't need to be exposed to the fb drama that young.

Ads

04-01-2014, 08:05 AM

There is an age limit on Facebook for a reason.
04-01-2014, 08:07 AM

You and your friend are right. Children are supposed to be out playing in the fields, not having social networking accounts. But to each their own. If his mom allows him to be on FB, you have a RIGHT to deny/accept who adds you. It is YOUR choice and not hers.
04-01-2014, 08:11 AM

it's illegal to have a facebook account if you are younger than 13, and all you have to do it report the 11 year olds and facebook will delete their account, especially if they are putting themselves in danger by lying about their age to have a facebook account
04-01-2014, 08:22 AM

Yes 11 Year Olds Technically Are Not Allowed on Facebook if you Have Not Read the Terms of Service it States That You Have to Be 13 years Old At Least In Order to Use Facebook