This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Posting pictures without my permission?
04-01-2014, 10:55 AM
Posting pictures without my permission?
So me and my EX have been broken up for about a year now. Our relationship was horrible, for he abused me. He even kept trying to stalk me.

I moved on and I am happy now with my boyfriend that treats me right.

However, my friend gave me a heads up that my ex has been posting pictures of me on his Facebook. I checked it out, and he even has a picture of me and him as his profile picture. As of lately, I even had to change my Facebook security settings because even though he is blocked, he was still stalking my page getting pictures off there. I looked back after hearing someone tell me again he is putting pictures up, and he is putting picture after picture of me on Facebook without my permission. Some he stole. I do not feel comfortable with this. He even has posts about me that make me very uncomfortable. Is there anything I can do about this?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2014, 11:04 AM

No, because you made them public domain.

Unless he LITERALLY stole photos off like your phone, or stole physical pictures (which would be theft)

Just downloading and posting pictures off the internet that YOU put there, is perfectly legal. Unless, again, he did something illegal to get them (like hacked your account)

Ads

04-01-2014, 11:06 AM

You can call Facebook at this number, but it's not the best way to reach them.
This phone number was voted the best of all phone numbers, but not best overall. Click here to find the best way to contact Facebook

Phone Number
650-543-4800
04-01-2014, 11:15 AM

There really isn't anything you can do about this. If you posted the pictures without privacy settings, they can be used by anyone.

If you blocked this guy, he can't see your posts, so he can't "steal" your pictures. If he is seeing your posts, you need to not only block him, but set your entire Facebook to Private so only those you approve can see you. Even if blocked, someone can use another account to see your page if it's not set to Private.

You say you blocked him, but then, you said that you looked at his Facebook and saw all these posts. This tells me that you did not block him. If you did, you wouldn't be able to see him just as he wouldn't be able to see you.

Facebook will do nothing if you report this unless the pictures or posts are inappropriate (nude pictures and threatening posts).