This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I comfort a man ?
10-15-2012, 08:19 PM
How can I comfort a man ?
My cousin has been crying because his mother died today. He's feeling so lost and alone and scared right now. He wrote on his Facebook page that he's so upset and he's so scared and he was really close to his mom. He was a mommas boy and of course he was the youngest child. He's laying in his bed in his dark bedroom crying his eyes out. He usually sleeps with his tv on but he wants it off tonight. He's not feeling well. He's been crying for his mommy all evening. What can I do to comfort him ? I'm a girl. He's my older cousin.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 08:27 PM

Hug him, tell him it's ok, try to be "like" his mother

Ads

Grab his junk and go to town! Also drugs always help! Smile

Hug him and try to be there for him if he needs you in some way try to be that for him. Im sorry for both your loses. Sad

I would give him space to process what has just happened. Its normal that he feels this way at the moment. Comfort him when you see that he needs you there or when you feel that he needs someone with him. If you find that it begins to affect his life dramatically seek professional help for him. I hope he is able to find peace and support during this time. Good luck to you and I can tell you care for him. Continue to be there for him. Wink

He needs space right now, but tell him that you are there for him if he needs you. Give him a hug and show him that you care, but then just give him my space. When I lost my dad, I needed time alone to cry and mourn. I felt that it was my private time to mourn for my dad, but I appreciated hearing that someone was there if I did need them.

Hi Countrygir92

Your cousin is grieving. Do not tell him that you know how he feels, because unless you have also lost a parent, you can't possibly know what he is experiencing. Give him a hug. Tell him that you will be there for him. If he wants to talk, just listen. If he doesn't want to talk, just sit with him. Do something for him. Actions speak louder than words. The one thing you should not do is keep your distance.

Many people are uncomfortable around those who are actively grieving. They fear they will say the wrong thing. Just remember to be there for him and one day, he will remember what you did.

pray for him and become his mother, he just lost his, he needs another one