This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I make my yahoo answers account private?
04-01-2014, 01:28 PM
How do I make my yahoo answers account private?
I'm using my google account for yahoo, so how do I make my profile private so others can't see my stuff?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2014, 01:36 PM

It's irrelevant that you are logging into YA from a gmail account.

How to make your activity private on YA

1.Click either your avatar or the “My activity” tab

2..Click the “Edit my preferences” hyperlink

3.Click the “Privacy & communications” tab when it is underlined to open the tab page. Under “Systems and networking” Click the down arrows next to “Everyone” and select “Contacts only. Higher up uncheck the box about contact emails, I DO NOT accept contact request emails, but my activity IS OPEN.

4.Change any other settings you want to change including enabling or NOT enabling email to an from other YA community members while you are on that tab page.

5.Click “Submit.”

Ads

04-01-2014, 01:39 PM

Here's how to do this:
1. Click My Activity tab
2. Scroll down to Edit My Preferences and click on it
3. Once at the Edit My Preferences page, click on the Privacy & Communications tab
4. Go down to the Sharing and Network section and select My Contacts Only to "Share my Q&A with" and "Share My Answers Network With"
5. Click Submit when you're done. The settings will take immediate effect from there.

Remember once your made your Q&A's private, only your contacts will view your posted content. The rest of the community can only view your profile and won't be able to see your Q&A's there.

Be forewarned, however, as your postings can be "googled" by people everywhere. They can also be found on your Facebook and Twitter pages, if you already have linked your Answers account with them.
04-01-2014, 01:55 PM

Click your avatar then click edit my preferences.
http://answers.yahoo.com/my-activity/edi…
Next click Privacy & Communications
Check your preferences
. Personally I allow fans but don't add them to mine.if someone adds you as a contact they are your fan but can't see your questions or answers unless you add them back if you are set to contacts only.
Submit when done.