This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Safari and Facebook app crashing on my iPod?
04-01-2014, 03:40 PM
Safari and Facebook app crashing on my iPod?
In the past week, the Facebook and Safari apps on my iPod touch have started acting up. They crash all the time, and when they do work, they take forever to load. I don't think it's a problem with the internet connection, since other wireless devices work fine on my home connection, and when I use it at school, I have the same problems. I've had issues with Facebook before, but never Safari. The other strange part is it will occasionally stop playing music for no reason, as if forcing a "stop".

I'm not sure what's causing this to happen. Is it possible for an iPod to get a virus? I was wondering if restoring it to factory settings would fix this problem, and if not that, what else could I try?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2014, 03:42 PM

You got a virus

Ads

04-01-2014, 03:45 PM

If you don't want to try a restore, you could simply try a hard restart instead. If you haven't yet tried turning your iPod on and off, you can simply hold down both the power and home buttons for about ten seconds, and your iPod will turn off and back on. With crashing apps on an unmodified OS, this should do the trick. If nothing else works though, try uninstalling and reinstalling facebook. If you're jailbroken, it's your own fault.