This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I'm feeling like giving up art all together?
04-01-2014, 06:32 PM
I'm feeling like giving up art all together?
I'm told that I have talent and i'm good and all but that's just from family and they pretty much have to be nice to me.. Can I please have honest answers?

pic.twitter.com/vzefM3moSm
by have to i don't mean " have to" it's just that it's family and I know that's different
Yet i've been told by non family members I really don't have a future in art.. so i shouldn't waste my time
thank you Marah

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2014, 06:37 PM

thats amazing!!!!!!

Ads

04-01-2014, 06:38 PM

Wow, thats really good. I think you are just putting yourself down. First thing you have to ask yourself is: Am I passionate about art? Because if you're not, then why are you doing it in the first place?
Art is a reflection of the soul, whatever you pour emotion and energy into, that is what your soul looks like. When I look at that drawing, I see a young soul with a lot of potential. Though, it seems to me, all you see is a piece that doesn't live up to the worlds standards.
Remember Vincent Van gogh? His paintings are wonderful, the way he uses texture and color is unique only to him. Today he is thought as one of the worlds greatest painters, though when he was alive people thought his work was horrible, and that he was crazy!
My point is that, just because someone SAYS have have no potential, doesn't mean they know everything! So what you hit some bumps in the road and got some criticism?! Some people are just into different things than you are! Not many people like my art work (its strange), but I've learned to politely ignore their harsh words, because I know that I can be successful some day. Just as long as I produce interesting meaningful art, and work hard, pouring my heart and soul into every inch of my work so that generations later, people will know what kind of person I was.
I urge you not to give up, keep practicing and work hard! Pursue what you enjoy, don't let criticism destroy your passion.
Good luck! I hope I was able to help some how!
04-01-2014, 06:50 PM

"Art" is in the eyes of the beholder. I don't care for Picasso's stuff or abstract but it's still considered ART. If YOU like it...who cares what others think?? You only have to please yourself with artwork...unless someone's commissioned you to do artwork for them. Good luck. Hang in there!