This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is twitter getting too much credit for revolutionary changes?
10-15-2012, 08:19 PM
Is twitter getting too much credit for revolutionary changes?
Would the revolution happened anyways without twitter? Is it just coincidence that technology has developed where revolutionary forces just use the latest available technology, not that technology caused the events? And if pro-tech people argue that twitter has created the overthrow of Egypt's and Libya's governments, created the London riots, then: how do you explain past protests/revolutions when no twitter existed.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 08:27 PM

i think if you search the web on google search the word turns up to often for example the term china's revolution in concrete like the imprinted mao into it and he hopped about pounding opponents into the congcrete.anyway i am suprised it was as effective as you say i never felt that way myself .but it has been good just like prottests of 1960's with art like that except different tech is what it is. anyway a nice bit of unity of the human race. i notice the corporate cattle brand templates showing up on twitter best to avoid temptation to avoid those cause next thing you know you will be enjoying advertisements sing of the lovely smel of sizzling flesh as corporations brand us and have offers to buy more and more things.

Ads

10-15-2012, 08:27 PM

Probably not. For any group effort to succeed, the members of the group have to be able to communicate with each other. From what I've read the "social networking sites" which include Twitter were instrumental (very important) in the groups' communicating with each other. It also helps that the sites allow anonymous communication. And a person can safely post from his home and doesn't risk getting caught or killed trying to deliver notes or post flyers on phone poles.