This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Modeling in the middle east.?
04-01-2014, 07:22 PM
Modeling in the middle east.?
I am a middle eastern model living in australia. I want to move to the middle east temporarily because I feel like I will get more modeling work due to my nationality. How do I go about this? Is there good money to be made? Or is it a massive risk?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2014, 07:35 PM

Hello there middle eastern ! I live in the Middle East-Lebanon to be specific.
First of all before your nationality,you have to have the looks.
Middle east may be messed up,but one thing it aces in ,is the fashion and modelling industry,so trust me your nationality won't get you anywhere unless your figure screams HOT on camera.
I'd encourage you to apply to modelling agnecies and well known international shops in Dubai/In United Arab Emirates.
Why Dubai? Beautiful country..WOW.Simply.
Will offer your housing and meal plan,probably a car too. Your salary will all be your personal pocket money !
Try shops like hollister(would even take you to california like a friend of mine who's face isn't pretty,but got the body) Aeropostal,H&M,Zara,Guess,Ralph Lauren,Polo.. GO for it !

Ads

04-01-2014, 07:50 PM

In Vogue UK, now hires 13-14 year old models. But there's a documentary "Girl Model" too young, too thin on Vogue models, shown at SXSW and the Toronto International Film festival, highlights the search and scouting of young girls in the modeling industry. Teen models have no clue what they're getting themselves into. They're naive. They get free food, free alcohol, they are forced into prostitution, too many abuses, sexual, physical, emotional you just can't believe.
http://theminaretonline.com/2012/04/06/article21987
Watch "Girl Model" https://ovee.itvs.org/screenings/yqg8b

If you're a model, and are shipped to Japan OR MIDDLE EASTERN for example, would you be able to understand Japanese, to sign the contract? One model in Japan, gained 2", was sent home. "the modeling business is corrupt.'
They also took a bunch of her photos, and she never got paid, nor did she ever saw them! She had to borrow money to support herself, pay rent, food, to survive!

Google: Models are eating tissues to stay thin - ex-Vogue Editor - a good read. http://www.ibtimes.com/former-vogue-edit...ok-1165223

Read what one model says about his hair: "I work as a model and went through a period of work where my hair was constantly straightened for photoshoots and shows; after about two or three weeks of having my hair straightened almost every day my hair has evidently become so damaged that it's stopped curling about two inches from my scalp. The roots of my hair still curl, everything below that hangs limp and straight and dead. I've never heard of this happening to anyone else, nor has anyone else I've spoken to including numerous hair dressers."

The best way to deal with modeling agencies is by contacting your area that is local and have a good record through the Better Business Bureau, not online. I went to a poise & charm school, back in the 70's, and wasted my money because they didn't promise they'll give me a job, but I learned something from it. I learned how to be poise, presentable, and walk like a model, and that is not something you won't ever forget, to look like a model.
There are many predators out there, that attract many people of all sexes, ages, and demographic.

Sending out photos or videos of wannabes, is like sending your profiles to people in jail, you don't know them, AND YOU just can't trust everyone, this is the world wide web, that can attract the whole world: your address and everything about YOU.

Craigslist now Facebook too, is a good reputable website, but they get a bad rap because of what ONE PERSON did or done. Same scenario.