This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My dad has a facebook! What do I do?
04-01-2014, 10:57 PM
My dad has a facebook! What do I do?
My parents recently found out my brother and I have facebooks. Though this isn't a big deal (there isn't explicit content or bad pictures or anything) it was when my dad got one! I feel like my privacy is being invaded! He even suggested my mom get one! Although I hope this is a thing that he will use once or twice and never touch again because he's usually busy with work stuff on the computer, I don't know what to do in the meantime. I'm considering getting a myspace, though he could get one of those in the future too. Any suggestions on how I can fix this?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2014, 11:08 PM

Just create another account without telling him

Ads

04-01-2014, 11:23 PM

1. Delete your facebook.
2. Get a myspace
3. Always delete your history after going on myspace
4. Never talk about in front of your dad
04-01-2014, 11:32 PM

Two words: LIMITED PROFILE. If you go to your facebook's privacy settings you can make a list of specific people that can only view certain aspects of your profile. You can make it so they can't see ANYTHING, or moderate it so that they can see certain photo albums, your wall, your profile, your about me, you can customize what you want them to see. Because even if you think your parents won't find anything they don't like, they always find a way to make something seem worse than it is.
04-01-2014, 11:36 PM

No problem unless he sends you a friend request. If so just go dormant and hope he gets the message.

I am an adult who enjoys facebook hopefully your Dad is just the same.

If he wants access to your profile etc. your instinct is correct it would be an invasion of privacy.

At an appropriate time reassure him that you use it only to communicate with friends your age. Most important that you would never give personal info. to a stranger and that you would never never ever agree to meet an online only contact in person.
04-01-2014, 11:52 PM

change your name so he can't find you
04-02-2014, 12:03 AM

I have FaceBook, too, as do my teenage children. I know about most of the rotten things they do so it comes as no shock to me to see the insane teenage things they do. Sure I've seen things that they would prefer that I don't know about, but at least we have an open enough relationship that I can turn the other cheek. I was once a teenager too.