This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My crush giving me mixed signals. What should I do?
04-01-2014, 11:52 PM
My crush giving me mixed signals. What should I do?
Here's what's been happening so far:- (I'm 16 never had a girlfriend before)
There's this girl that I really like we're friends, we're both 16, I'm really shy and think she is to, we're both socially awkward and Gamer | Geeks.

First off, we talk loads, and I mean loads (we talk about games, TV, and music, stuff like that), when we talk we smile at each other and throughout the conversation we look into each others eyes, we don't look away, when I finish talking she'll ask me a question or tell me something interesting, when we first started talking she was always looking down, talking really quick and stuttering on some words, now it's not so much.
We both like almost all the same stuff, music, games etc. (This isn't even half of what we share in common).
I've made her laugh once or twice, and she's only laughed at me when I've made a complete and utter fool of myself. When I stumbled, she was the only one to laugh, she was giggling to herself. Even when I made a barely funny joke, she was the only one to giggle.
If I need anything, like a pen or a pencil or some help, she'll always help with anything I need.
Sometimes she'll ask for help off of me and it'll be something really simple.
If I talk to other people, she'll butt into the conversation, I don't mind her doing this.
When I asked for her number, she was pretty quick to give it to me, and said it so fast I had to half guess some numbers.
When I was talking to the girl we had, what I thought was, an awkward silence because I couldn't think of anything else to say to her. It lasted about 25-30 seconds, when she finally said something the conversation carried on.
The other day, after school mine and her friend shouts "Her name have a nice walk home with my name"
She replied with "Why wouldn't I?!"
Her tone was defensive, as if she was sticking up for me, but it was happy sounding, higher than her usual voice, she's done this a few times now.
She's also told me personal stuff about her, like what music and stuff she listens to, books she reads, what uni she wants to go to, that her parents are thinking of moving away when she finishes college things like that.
When we we talk I think her eyes dilate, but that could just be the lighting.
She was touching my leg with her foot as well, I think she knew she was, because she didn't stop, I'm probably just imagining this.
I've seen her, out the corner of my eyes, looking at me and if she sees I'm putting my glasses on, she'll put hers on to. Also when she was talking with this other person (boy), she leaned to the side of him and was looking directly at me as if she was talking to me.
She has been telling me more stuff about herself, like what she did the past couple of days and what she plans on doing and shows me pictures and stuff on her phone.
Also she sometimes asks for my help with really simple things.
She keeps saying that I should get twitter and Facebook. And on one occasion said "You should get twitter so I can stalk you." (I did get twitter and we talk on that to).

I thought it was going really well, but when I reply to her tweets on twitter, she doesn't respond to them, however yesterday and the day before she was replying to me.
Also I sent her a message on Xbox live, she replied to it and when I replied to her, she didn't send anything back.

Is she giving me mixed signals and is this normal for a girl to do if she likes me more than a friend?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2014, 11:54 PM

find someone else

Ads

04-02-2014, 12:05 AM

You're over thinking it, just go for it. She may be sending mix signals because she thinks you don't like her, because you're taking so long to persue her. Just tell her you like her and you'd like to go out some time or have pizza and a gaming sesh over your house or something. Just be yourself and compliment her and flirt. Everything will come naturally.
04-02-2014, 12:20 AM

she's not giving u mixed signals........and i think that she surely likes u and u should ask her
04-02-2014, 12:22 AM

Girls have an entire different brain function then guys do and vice versa. Look she doesn't want to come on to strong. She feels something towards you but she needs some sign that you feel for her to. The reason she doesn't reply to your reply is because she doesn't want to come across as needy. And another thing, Please do something to ease her worry. Do you like her? or don't you? if so you got to man up, and at least send her a message first. show her you are interested or you going to lose her. Luck Smile
04-02-2014, 12:29 AM

From what I can tell, when you both started talking, she was quite shy. That's why she would look down a lot. But since she doesn't do that any more, it means she's comfortable around you. And that's a plus!
Also it's great the two of you have a lot in common, and things you like to talk about.
And the fact that she still laughs/giggles when you stumble or say something dumb, shows that she doesn't think you're like a moron or anything. It also shows she likes having you around, and you can make her laugh. That is another plus.
It's also great she stood up for ya! And this obviously shows she loves your company, and doesn't give a crap of what others think.

But here's the thing, just because she doesn't respond to a tweet or what-ever, doesn't mean she doesn't like you. I think you're putting way too much thought into that. Smile
The way she talks to you, how she tells you to get a twitter account so you guys can talk more.
Well, this girl really likes ya.

I think it's very possible she likes you more than a friend.
I know this may sound daring, but how about say to her one day, "You're really pretty". Obviously you don't have to say it JUST like that. I know, it kinda sounded creepy. haha
Do it more in a, "Wow, I just realized something..."
When she talks, make eye contact (which I think you're already doing well). Like stare right into her eyes, and show that you really get what she's saying. Don't pretend of course, but just let her know you care as well.
You can also try casually holding her hand, and maybe ask her to go to a game with you, or see a movie. You could even rent one, and have her over. Eat popcorn, play video games, and just maybe go for a walk and talk. The little things you do together can really help you get your feeling across.

Anyway, I hope I helped! Sorry if I didn't. I tried. Smile
Good luck though! (srry this was long, heheh)