This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Photography page! Tell me what you think?
10-15-2012, 08:19 PM
Photography page! Tell me what you think?
I know I'm still ameture, but I'm learning more and more each shoot I do. Smile I was hoping maybe you'd look at my Photography page on FB and let me know what you think? I am open to constructive criticism, but closed to immaturity, and meanness (lol) and if you like what you see possibly 'like' the page I would be MOST grateful! I am not well known yet, but am hoping to get there soon. THANK YOU!
https://www.facebook.com/NveMePhotography
p.s I have copy right on ALL photographs on my page. (Just thought I should add that...)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 08:28 PM

You have a tendency to over saturate the colors.
And your lighten photos are too light so it looses definition.
Kiddlets (the laughing little girl) Could easily be your best photo, if it wasn't so light... A soft portrait like the woman laying on the rocks would show the colors in her cheeks. Sparkling eyes is magic Smile

The bridal portraiture is fairly good.
The waterfall couple is your best photography. The emotion is expressive, colors are vibrant, and the setting is interactive.

Ads

For being an amateur, you're not off to a bad start.

1. There is no info about you on your page, and no way to really contact you other than messaging via Facebook. Just a "if interested please send me a message for details". The "About You" section, you should be selling yourself; what you're about, experience, resume, basically everything. Maybe explain your name; a lot of people will get confused on how to pronounce it, or what it even means. There should also be multiple ways to contact you, not just something through Facebook. Phone number and/or alternate email address. (providing you want to make a business out of it and get new clients) Plus, your location would be nice. How is a potential client or customer supposed to know what area you are in, if it's not listed?

2. Your cover photo is quite boring, and is clipped at the top. Maybe pic one of your photos to go here. If I want to see your studio name, I would look at the studio name; I wouldn't need to see a huge, bright picture of it.

3. Delete the "display photo thief" comment. Yeah, it may have been in good fun from a friend? My initial assumption is that you may have stolen a photo. That's not a good impression to give.

4. The "Decor" album - delete rows 4 - 7 of images; they are not good at all, and look like someone with a basic point and shoot popped them off with the flash firing directly at the objects. The "mission" album, delete it. I can't tell if that stuff is snow, dandruff, or if you don't pay enough attention when you shoot. That album adds nothing to your portfolio. You have other photo albums with 2 or 3 pictures in them. Why? If I am a potential client, do I really want to be clicking through a half dozen albums just to see 2 or 3 pictures? No, I don't. These can pretty much all be combined into 2 or 3 manageable albums.

5. Rearrange your photo albums. If I am looking to hire a photographer, I do not need to see the "behind the scenes", "cover photos", or "wall photos" ahead of your photography albums. Move those to the bottom of the album page. Make the "cover" and "wall" ones private, if you can.

6. As far as your photography itself, you're really not off to a bad start. My tips? Stop with the selective coloring. That is overused by every amateur out there, and to me, shows someone who is an amateur. Ease up on the post processing. Some of your images are so bright that they hurt they eyes, and you lose a ton of detail. And really take it easy with the vignette. Keep working on composition, lighting, and color balance.

Wow, Where to start.

Firstly, you need to do a thorough edit of your images and get rid of all the rubbish and to be blunt there is quite a bit.

You should only ever display your best work and right now you are displaying some stuff which should be in the reject pile.
For instance most of the shots in your "decor" album. They are badly light, many have badly blown highlights and not enough care has been taken with backgrounds and general layout.

Groom/bridals. Again you are not taking care with the composition. the last two are imo terrible. They look like bad architecture shots which just happen to have a person in the bottom of them.
Maybe your idea with the couple in the window was planned to be a "voyeur" type shot but it doesn't work as there are way too many reflections.
The shot of the couple in the large room doesn't work either. At the very least get rid of the information board when you try this sort of shot.

Faces = snapshots. If you are going to shoot mirrored glasses then at least do so in a way that you are not reflected in them. If it was meant that way then fine but it does not work.

Kiddlets - over and badly processed in the main. Others are shot from the wrong angle (don't shoot kids from above) and in the main they look like snapshots.

I am not trawling through everything you have on there.
You have issues with exposure on many shots. You need to tighten up your compositions as many are just not working and you need to work on the basics of colour, exposure and composition.

Research photographers who shoot what you are interested in and see what they do. Right now your shots are all over the place.