This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I join Facebook?
04-02-2014, 09:32 AM
Should I join Facebook?
I am 13 years old and 2 people in my class joined facebook they say it is really good and say I should join should I do it to stay in contact with friends because the 2 people in my class that joined I do not even see that often should I join

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2014, 09:42 AM

No, use a telephone like normal people.

Ads

04-02-2014, 09:49 AM

If you want to, join.

If you don't, do not join.

Couldn't be simpler than that.
04-02-2014, 10:00 AM

check with parents first, you will have to agree on terms and conditions.
04-02-2014, 10:09 AM

Joining facebook really depends more on personal convictions than what your friends say. When joining, you take certain risks and make certain assumptions, such as "your data will be safe"; it is always possible for someone to hack into your account and steal your personal data. Also, unless you configure it otherwise, facebook is likely to flood your email inbox with useless messages that you could have received simply by logging in. Also, not that facebook uses your data for market research, and keeps it on their servers indefinately. Deactivating your account is simply not enough. In order to remove the data, you must delete EVERY SINGLE photo and comment individually, a process that can take weeks or even months if you've been using facebook a while.

If you are OK with all of this, then facebook is really quite useful for keeping in touch and planning events with friends. Oh, and since you're 13, you have to be sure to ask your parents.
04-02-2014, 10:18 AM

You need to aware that Facebook, like MySpace and other similar webpages are malware magnets. Join if you want, just be aware of the problems.

You need very tough security and must be very careful what you upload and download as this is one of the surest ways to get infected.

If you think you're up to the challenge, go for it. Don't join to be part of the in crowd, your computer may suffer.

I could post link after link about the dangers. Try Googling "facebook "security"" and see what comes up.

You have been warned. It's your call.

Cheers!
04-02-2014, 10:33 AM

sure, why not?
04-02-2014, 10:35 AM

if your ready to get super addicted. like me!