This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question regarding Facebook Pages?
04-02-2014, 01:22 PM
Question regarding Facebook Pages?
I am attempting to alter the About Section beneath my business's profile picture on a Facebook Page. I would like the About Section to list the address, phone number, and website of the business (similar to this page: http://www.facebook.com/TysonsCornerCenter ). However, when I delete all the information from the About Section, it doesn't default to the contact information. When I manually enter the address and phone number into this section, the zip code and phone number look jumbled together because I can't insert a line break.
I'm at a total loss here of what to do next, so any assistance I can get would be greatly appreciated! I choose you, Facebook gurus!

If you'd like to see what the page looks like now, here it is: http://www.facebook.com/ShopValleyMall.

Thanks in advance for all your help, guys! Cheers!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2014, 01:34 PM

You have to change your page category and make it into a "place." First, change from "Retail and consumer merchandise" to "Local businesses & places > Shopping/Retail." Then, if you haven't already done it, you'll have to go "check in" to your mall using a smartphone with Facebook Places. Once a "place" is created with the same name as your page, you'll be able to merge the "place" into the page, allowing more people to check into your page and providing you with an embedded Bing map on your about page.
Once you've done that, Facebook may place your address in the about box...it isn't instant though.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply