This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Internet Marketing ideas?
04-02-2014, 04:00 PM
Internet Marketing ideas?
Hi,

I have an idea for a website and would like to market it. I do not want to use PPC or SEO as I need a viral effect. I have a budget of $500 - 600. What are the best methods I can use to market the website. Press release? What company should I use?

PS: This is not a serious business website. It is more of a friendly / social website if you know what I mean

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2014, 04:03 PM

Your own Marketing Website? Very risky, there are a lot of those around now. Too much to compete with. I wouldn't go there Smile

Ads

04-02-2014, 04:10 PM

Try to contact this site. I guess they can help you with that.. http://neuracom.com/
04-02-2014, 04:23 PM

Press release would give you very little advertising exposure because press releases still have to be ranked high to bring you traffic and so you are by proxy relying on SEO again.
Since its a social website your most long term and sustainable advertising medium should be word to mouth that will happen once you pay attention to usability and making the website friendly and easy to use.
I would strongly suggest you read The Wealth Of Networks, Jochai Benchler or you could contact one Google Analytics certified company like http://www.techwyse.com they could do an expert analysis and come up with an tailor made strategy.
04-02-2014, 04:32 PM

hello

you want to make effective squeeze or lead pages to attract viewers or consumers. generated lead pages can help you save time and help you make your web page instantly without being techy.

joining social networks and forums and blog commenting can help market your site.

make sure to update your site from time to time and write quality content to it.
04-02-2014, 04:35 PM

With such a small budget your options are pretty limited. If you want something to go 'viral' you'll have to create an amazing piece of content that people want to share with their friends & colleagues. Unfortunately that sort of thing usually happens by accident, unless your some big Madison Ave agency that's being paid lots of money to create something.

Your best bet is to roll up your sleaves and put some serious work into building out some good content on your site that other people will be interested in. Write articles or maybe a blog. Then spread the word by syndicating your content via RSS feeds, aggregators (like Feedburner & Technorati), posting forums, and other blogs with similar content/interests.

Press releases are a good idea too. The key again is to syndicate them out accross wire services or via RSS.

The thing is, no one tactic is going to be a winner. It's a whole bunch of little things that make you successful. I say save your $500 and use it to create some good content on your site and maybe invest some time into learning about Internet marketing tactics & strategies. Check my source list.