This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
if a teacher looks at your facebook profile and uses it against you in school...?
04-03-2014, 12:56 AM
if a teacher looks at your facebook profile and uses it against you in school...?
Is it breaking the law? Because through that, she's invading your personal life, isn't she? I don't think teachers are allowed to do that.

I only ask, because my friend told me something funny about what happened to him when he had to explain the concept of a sick joke to a teacher with no sense of humour at all, and I said he should put it as his facebook status. But he said he wouldn't, because that specific teacher checks the students facebook profiles every now and then. To me, this seems illegal, and an invasion of your social life, because when we get out of school and actually USE facebook, it shouldn't be watched over by the teachers, should it?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2014, 01:11 AM

Whatever you put on facebook you are telling all the world. Be very careful what you post.

Ads

04-03-2014, 01:13 AM

"Personal"??? What can possibly be more public than the Internet?!?!?! LOL
04-03-2014, 01:15 AM

It's wrong, but if it's where they can see it then that is your fault. Change your privacy settings, or better yet, block your dumb teacher!
04-03-2014, 01:25 AM

i don't think it is against the law, i know that they cannot contact etc. for purposes other than important school work. maybe you should ask another teacher and then follow it up if it is wrong.
04-03-2014, 01:28 AM

make your page private!!!!!!
04-03-2014, 01:43 AM

Athletes get suspended from sports all the time for posting pictures on facebook of themselves drinking alcohol. It's not personal if it's accessible to the public.
04-03-2014, 01:53 AM

if you put up a profile for people to view it then whats stopping them,
how is it illegal?
Its just the same as anyone else looking at it
YOU put these facebook accounts up so people can see YOU.
if YOU are scared that people YOU dont want to look at it will see it then YOU shouldnt have made it in the first place
04-03-2014, 02:06 AM

It doesn't break the law my employer looks at facebook pages before employing people. I think that teacher is just nosey its a bit creepy though it would be like your parents opening your letters, I think morally it is wrong maybe change facebook settings
04-03-2014, 02:12 AM

I'm not sure if it's illegal, but a teacher in Massachusetts got fired for commenting on students and parents on facebook. Talk to a principal or counselor because what she's doing doesn't sound right.