This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I'm looking for Hula or Tahitian dance class in Perth!!?
04-03-2014, 04:26 AM
I'm looking for Hula or Tahitian dance class in Perth!!?
I'm looking for Hula or Tahitian dance class in Perth!!

Does anyone knows about the Hula or Tahitian dance class in perth???
I was looking for them on web, but I couldn't fined any......

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2014, 04:39 AM

Hula and Tahitian dance classes are pretty hard to find. I just recently got into the whole Tahitian/Hula dance over this past summer and been trying to find classes in my area but no luck Sad

Those types of dances I believe can only be found where the Polynesian rate is high like California , Florida etc. But honestly, Cali is like the only place where I know for a fact they have classes the Polynesian dance is so big there they even have Polynesian dance teams within their HS. They also have this thing called Polyfest in CA that's where different Polynesian dance groups/teams from different HS and community compete against each other in the Polynesian tribe that they are representing ( cook islands, Tahiti, etc) You should look it up on youtube to have more of an idea of where I'm talking about.

They do have some here on the East Coast but those are mainly big Polynesian companies that you have to audition for and they probably do a few "master" dance lessons here and there. But you wouldn't find an actual class like you would for Ballet , Jazz etc unless you go to CA .

If all and all fails you could try this website called GigSalad.com and you search for Polynesian entertainment in your area and you get to choose from how many miles you wish to travel if you see a company that you may be interested in you can contact them and ask them for local classes that they may know about
GigSalad.com is a place where you look for "local" entertainment and they come to you and perform on a "professional" level so when asking them this question you have to be clear that you do not want a performance from them you just want to know about classes. But GigSalad.com is probably your best bet for any hope of finding these types of classes unless you decide to move to CA.

Edit: There is also a NY Fete competition coming to the East Coast area if you're interested in that. If you are just message the manager of the competition and see what dance teams/companies will be in the NY competition . NY is a big city all together so there have got to be some dance team/company that will be close to your area here's the link

https://www.facebook.com/tahitifete

the NY competition is not definite yet but you can still ask about how many different teams/companies perform from which sates/cities so you can get a feel of what to search for the next time you start looking for classes

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply