This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are people more easily offended these days or has it just become a 'fad' for the media to report on it?
10-15-2012, 08:20 PM
Are people more easily offended these days or has it just become a 'fad' for the media to report on it?
*Celebrities 'offended' by comments on twitter.
*Muslim groups 'offended' by a single post on youtube.
*Royal Family 'offended' by a single photograph.
*The whole of Britain 'offended' by a single facebook page.
*And now the press is going wild over some nutcase MP calling people plebs because he couldn't ride his bike a certain place.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't these things of concern in the school playground and most people would be expected to have grown out of it by now?
...Or isn't there anything else happening in the world more worthy of interest- so the media hesitate to report on anything more important?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 08:28 PM

I've noticed the media in general is just observing more of the *Internet and *News Cast *information, probably due to the innovations being offered *world-wide, people are more nervous also, *but also here in USA, our own government is potential on the make to air out what's going on in the political arena. As more speak out, others feel more comfortable to comment/act out and even *escalate new thought ideals.

Ads

just a fad, the media can make anything sound positive or negative if they want to. Offended, hammer, slam, notice how those are more and more popular terms in the media these days? especially right ahead of elections. the media just wants to sound drastic in pretty much everything these days.

You are right,its perhaps its because the media reports on every tiny thing and more people have access to the news.
In earlier times ew people knew what was going off?

The media scrutinize every word uttered by celebrities. Any twit who writes on Twitter is an easy target, and yes, people seem to get offended much too easily. Some groups look for chances to feel offended and feel sorry for themselves.
On the other hand Kate was right to get her knickers in a twist over the photos, because that is all she had on.

I don't personally know anyone who is easily offended by anything. I live in a country (UK) where a comdeian like frankie boyle can gain big popularity and earn millions, I think that says something. I have no doubt that the papers are exaggerating this, because apathetic reactions do not sell copies regardless of how many people react that way.

It's media hype, they are looking for cheap and easy stories.

In the end it will simply cheapen an apology, saying sorry will actually mean nothing in the end.

Or people will incorporate it into the insult eg: “I'm sorry to say you're a pratt”

Yes it is ridiculous,The muslims should be told to leave Britain and everybody else should be told to grow up,especially the idiots complaining about plebgate.For goodness sake the main item on the news ?,didn't two British soldiers die yesterday.

Everyone has the right to be offended...especially when there are sinister motives behind the offense.

It seems that it's a new human right.
It is against your human rights ,for anyone to do,say,act,think,believe,,,ANYTHING that you find offencive.
Unless you are White.
In which case,you may not object to any of the above,if it concerns,ethnic,religious,or sexual minorities,.
It is fashionable to be a victim.
By definition,fit,healthy,straight,white males,cannot be offended.
Because this group are seen as the Prime Offenders.
I am a bi-sexual male,white English,divorced atheist,physically fit,and healthy.
My feelings about anything,must take a back seat,because they are bound to offend some minority or other.