This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need help with a notarized statement?
04-03-2014, 12:01 PM
Need help with a notarized statement?
Ok so someone made a fake account of me on facebook and it has caused problems to the point where my house was shot at. Facebook wants a notarized statement explaining my request to know who made the account? Can anyone please help me out. Thank you

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2014, 12:11 PM

You basically state what happened (as you know it) and then make your request. Then you get it notarized. Here's the bare-bones structure. Note, though, that Facebook is very unlikely to tell you who did it. The most they're likely to do is to shut down the account and block that user. Just fill it out more:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My name is xxxx. I have an account on Facebook with the user name xxxxx, and have had the account for x years. On [date] I found out that someone had created a false Facebook account, pretending to be me. I do not know who did it or why. The person did not have my permission to do so.

The false account has caused me numerous problems. [Explain what they are.] In fact, my house was shot at--I believe because of the false Facebook account. [If you reported it to the police, which you should have, say in your letter that you did. If there's a case number you can cite, do so.]

For that reason, I request that Facebook shut down the false account in my name. I also request that Facebook provide me the name and other contact information on the person who created the false account. Finally, I ask that Facebook cooperate with the police in their investigation of the shooting.

Thank you.

[Your name]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Then you take this letter to someone who can notarize it. Almost all banks have a notary or two. It may cost you a few dollars.

Get the letter notarized. Make a copy or two for your records.

Then mail the original certified mail, return receipt requested, to the address that Facebook gave you.

Hope that helps.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply