This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What if my boss sees me on Facebook when I called off sick?
04-03-2014, 04:45 PM
What if my boss sees me on Facebook when I called off sick?
I totally forgot that my one supervisor is on my Facebook and he monitors that a lot. I called off sick today and I realized, I was on Facebook and my supervisor put a comment on my status asking: “Shouldn’t you be in bed resting? I thought you called off sick.” And I didn’t know what to say or answer so I signed offline.

What should I do if my boss sees me online on Facebook and invades my privacy? It’s like he’s spying on me! Am I going to get fired for being on Facebook when calling off sick?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2014, 04:52 PM

When you make your status visible to others, and they see you online, it is not an invasion of privacy, nor is it spying. Facebook is a public entity, and as such, your publicly viewable activity can be used against you.
You could be fired for this.

Ads

04-03-2014, 04:55 PM

How can he invade your privacy if you're on Facebook on an open site? If you call in sick, Just stay off FB for 8 hours, it won't kill you.
04-03-2014, 05:08 PM

Unfriend your boss and he won't know
04-03-2014, 05:14 PM

You would think that people would have learned a lesson by now by watching what they post on Facebook,when they're supposedly sick or venting about work. Something similar happened to a woman that claimed she was severely depressed,and received payed leave for months. She forgot that she had added her coworkers and they saw pictures she posted of herself partying and having a good time,when she supposedly to depressed for work. You could be fired,if you knew that he monitored his employees,why would you log on? Delete Him and your coworkers.
04-03-2014, 05:24 PM

What - he's never heard of wireless? Why can't you be in bed resting, and be on facebook? It's no different than laying bed watching a movie. Also, I've called in sick when I was contagious so that I wouldn't infect everyone at the office. I might not need the rest so much as just need to not be physically present. Or, you could have called in sick because you had a mild food borne illness (nausea, etc.) that would only mean you need to be at home close to a bathroom.

There's your list of excuses, if you need one.

That said, I'd stay offline when home sick.
04-03-2014, 05:34 PM

Being on facebook has nothing to do with being sick or not. It is easy to go online while sick on an ipod or laptop. It shows that you probably WERE home if you were online.
I would set your profile to private and block your boss and coworkers from seeing your posts on FB or delete them as friends! This was all caused because you decided to add your boss to your fb! Never add a boss!
04-03-2014, 05:36 PM

dont get on facebook if youre going to lie and call in sick