This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
fiance wants me to pay the lawyer 2500 for our marriage online?
04-03-2014, 07:00 PM
fiance wants me to pay the lawyer 2500 for our marriage online?
he proposed the same day we meet thru facebook..now he wants me to send 2,500 dolars to some his lawyer (fee for online marriage) with this money we'll be marry in less than 24hrs.. fiance said that he's a Military Sargent and has no access to money or his credit cards..so I have to pay for it...as soon as he gets the marriage certificate..he can retire...also he is going to make his superiors send me his checks so we need to open a joint account asap...Is it true that online marriage is legal? and that he has no access to money at all? he cant ask his familly, cause he doesnt want to ask for help...he'll pay me as soon as he's back in the US...he told me to get a bank loan asap...not even 24 hrs after we talk the first time in facebook..now he want this now

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2014, 07:13 PM

Give me an "S"
Give me a "C"
Give me an "A"
Give me an "M"
Keep your $2,500

Ads

04-03-2014, 07:23 PM

http://www.cid.army.mil/romance_scam.html

You're being scammed. There's no such thing as an "online marriage". There no retirement that requires you to be married.

And really... you just met a guy on facebook and you get a proposal in 24hrs? Even if he wasn't a scammer, you'd be stupid to marry someone you've never met.
04-03-2014, 07:26 PM

this has got to be a joke.
04-03-2014, 07:29 PM

Complete SCAM. If you don't ignore this one, you can kiss your money good bye. Don't read messages. Don't send messages back to him. If this dork can get on the internet, he can get to his bank. Use a little common sense.
04-03-2014, 07:45 PM

No decent man proposes the same day you met through facebook. This man is a SCAMMER as other's have said.

Lie #1: Don't send him a dime....you can't get married online like that as it won't be valid (legal) and it certainly does not cost $2,500.

Lie #2: He is lying about being in the military and even if he was in the military and didn't have access to his financial accounts, someone in the military would be able to help him. Do not give him any money as he is not in the military and he is lying to you. He hopes that if you believe he is legitimate (ie. a soldier), that you will trust him and give him money. If you give him any money, you will never see it again!

Lie #3: About that joint checking account, if you open an account that he has access to, he will run it deep into debt and you will have to pay that money back to the bank. And if you cash ANY checks for him....no matter how good they look....they will ultimately bounce back to your account and you will have to pay all the money back yourself. Further, as this is fraud, you could go to jail over this, even if you do pay all the money back yourself. Oh, and it is total crap that his superiors will be sending you checks...he will prepare them himself or his criminal associates will!

Lie #4: He says he has no money but doesn't want to ask his family for help, even though he didn't mind asking you for money and you are a stranger to him. His family know him...they won't give him any money as he is a crook...he can't be trusted. Don't give strangers any money EVER. And unless you have known the man in your own city...in person...and others know him too...never ever give him any money, no matter what he says!

Lie #5: He will pay you back when he is in the United States. Total crap. It doesn't matter where he is or where he ends up...he will NEVER EVER EVER pay you back your money. There will be one lie after another until he finally realizes that he won't be getting any more money from you and then he will dump you for some other chump!

Lie #6: About the bank loan...it is the same with the checking account...DON'T do it. You will get that money (if you can) and he will ask you to wire transfer (Western Union usually) it to him and you will never see that money again. You will have to pay the money back and you could be charged with fraud.

Lastly to sum up: this man is a criminal and he is trying to scam you. No decent man wants to marry a woman he has just met on facebook and he certainly wouldn't be opening up bank accounts or setting up loans. These are the marks of a thief...a bad man. You need to report him to facebook and then block his account from ever contacting you again. And if you have done anything that you shouldn't have done (ie. send money. set up a loan, etc.), notify the police. Oh...and that marriage? Completely illegal. Good luck and God bless.
04-03-2014, 07:53 PM

This is a scam
First of all you would be INSANE to ever agree to marry a man you have never even met IN PERSON. With all of the scammers and sex offenders targeting lonely and gullible women on dating and social networking sites you NEVER even enter into a relationship before you have met IN PERSON and verified they are who they claim to be

Second, it does not cots ANYTHING to get married and you CANNOT get married online

Third, EVERY soldier has access to their money at all times, even when overseas. They have as Base Finance office

Fourth, NO soldier can retire because he gets a marriage license. That's complete bullcrap

Fifth, if his email is NOT from @us.army.mil or @mail.mil he is NOT in the military. Scammers contact people through Facebook or free Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc mails. Real soldiers use their .MIL email address

Sixth, every single US base has computers with webcams for soldiers to have FREE Skype calls with friends and family. I can guarantee you've never had a single video chat with this scammer or you'd know you were talking to a 19 year old Nigerian boy, not the person in the photos. If he claims he cannot Skype, doesn't have a webcam or has to pay, it's a scam

Want to prove it -- tell him you are sorry but you cannot agree to marry him until you have met IN PERSON and have spent time with him. Say that you would never marry anyone without spending time with them and meeting HIS family. Also say that it's strange but you've spoken to the Army CID who have verified that there is NO active duty soldier with his name so you want him to be honest with you about his real name and admit he's not a soldier. Also say that until you can see him on Skype and see who he really is, you are not continuing talking to him. Also tell him that you went to the bank and they would not give you a loan as you are not in full time employment and you cannot get money from anywhere as you are already in debt. Say that you spoke to the US Embassy who said they can give him a loan if he goes in person and that it will be approved within 24 hours.

Then wait for the next excuses