This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why is he so hesitant to accept my friend request?
04-03-2014, 10:01 PM
Why is he so hesitant to accept my friend request?
I recently reader my ex on Facebook & he hasn't accepted or denied it. He usually goes on Facebook at least once a day. Our breakup wasn't bad at all... It was a mutual agreement because we both decided to focus on school. He is a senior and I am a sophomore. I am still very close with his family, but I do not talk to him. I defriended him in October because I thought it was an easy way to get over him. We have been broken up for about 4 months now, and he's even almost gotten a new girlfriend, so I guess he's over me... My question is why hasn't he accepted or denied my friend request yet??

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2014, 10:07 PM

He might just be confused seeing you were the one that defriended him and if he nearly has a new girlfriend he might think that people would find it a bit weird that he just accepted a friend request from his ex.

Ads

04-03-2014, 10:21 PM

because he is ignoring it
04-03-2014, 10:30 PM

he may be worried of what thoughts you'll think based on how he responds to it. for instance, if he accepts it he might think you think he still wants you, if he declines maybe he think you'll think he's a jerk and doesn't want you to hate him...not sure, never had experience in this, sorry! but i don't think its a big deal so try and forget about itSmile
04-03-2014, 10:36 PM

Because he probably isn't aware of your intentions. Guys sometimes get confused by all the stuff us women pull in relationships and now that your out of one he's most likely sitting there scratching his head like "uhhh, what?" I would just let it go, If he wants to be friends he will add you if not don't mention it to him (otherwise he will think your trying to be more than friends)
04-03-2014, 10:39 PM

It could be the simple case of he was busy when he saw it and merely forgot you added him. He might find it a little weird if you haven&#x27;t spoken since the breakup but it also could be a case of this girl he&#x27;s almost with. She might be uncomfortable with you two having a communication opportunity - petty I know but some girls believe ex&#x27;s shouldn&#x27;t stay friends.
If there&#x27;s any other way of contacting him, maybe through his family if you&#x27;re still close with them, then try that Smile
Good luck!