This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What more can I do to help my sick sister?
04-04-2014, 01:41 AM
What more can I do to help my sick sister?
My sister has a rare life threatening kidney disease called aHUS, the treatment she needs costs $500,000 a year because it is not on the Australian Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme. We have set up a petition to send to the government when it reaches 50,000 signatures (It only takes two seconds if you would please sign it here: https://www.facebook.com/Biancasbattle

Thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2014, 01:47 AM

First, Brooke, your question on Yahoo Answers led me to learning about aHUS. If residents of Australia and residents of the United States (where I live) receive aHUS at the same rate, then about 24 residents in Australia have this condition.

Second, I am assuming that the 50,000 signatures you need must be received from 50,000 residents of Australia as this is a request of the government there. If this is incorrect, then you may want to resubmit your question pointing out that "everyone in the world" or "everyone who is a member of one of the following countries (naming them)" may sign the petition and be counted.

Third, your story may not reach enough people if it is only in Yahoo Answers. You may wish to contact a newspaper, a school of journalism in Australia, maybe the school of journalism at the University of Missouri (often considered the best school of journalism in the United States) and any hospitals or doctors you know of who deal with aHUS.

I support your attempting to help your sister and other people, in turn, in the future. Good luck, Brooke.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply