This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you have hope for this world? (Long rant question)?
04-04-2014, 04:15 AM
Do you have hope for this world? (Long rant question)?
It's kind of depressing how conceited and corrupt this world is. Everyday I see thousands of comments arguing about how their political party, ideals, thoughts, actions, perspective and reasoning is correct and shall always be correct. Everyday I see the debates about homosexuality and how it should be legalised/made illegal (I support gay rights). Everyday I see women who claim that men are misogynistic yet they are being hypocritical because they are being the female equivalent of a misogynist, a misandrist. The extremists argue how men commit atrocious acts while women can do no wrong. In reality, women commit crimes that are just as atrocious as the ones men commit. Everyday I see racist remarks sent backwards and forwards that are piled with stereotypical remarks. It annoys me greatly as I was once a victim of racial slander.

Now we have politicians who fight over what they claim is for the good of their country when it is more for their benefit or their corrupt and twisted views. Even religion isn't safe from dispute. The arguments between religions and also religion v science. We have religions that claim they are the 'correct' religion, although many of these religions have led to horrendous events in the past (e.g. the Crusades, the war against Al-Qaeda insurgents, the Holocaust and many others). These religions even slander others because they feel that the other religions are wrong. When was giving your own opinion a bad thing?

Then we have financial problems, healthcare problems, human rights problems, political problems, military problems, nationwide problems, local problems, international problems, jeez, we've basically got every single problem in mankind.

Our technological era is a problem as well! The communication between others is swift and easily accessible and it's a plus, but we are also exposed to the disturbing views of others. The invention of social media gives us an easier view of how simple-minded, pretentious and ignorant people are.

Our views of world peace are also impossible. We can't have peace until one single ideal is met by every single being on this earth, which is never going to happen. Different ideals collide and create scenarios that lead to an even bigger scenario until all that built up tension releases to create wars, conflicts, disputes and other clashes. Love also creates hate which also contributes to the dispute of ideals.

I know it seems that we have evolved over the past few centuries, and we have, but I also believe we have become more brutal and sinister towards others. I can't see much hope when the generations that are yet to come are constantly exposed to these brutalities. No one is perfect, everyone is flawed. It's about time everyone accepts that we are only human and being rich, poor, fat, skinny, good-looking, ugly, tall, short, smart or dumb doesn't do squat to making us realise this. After everything I've said, do you still have hope for this world?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2014, 04:16 AM

Yes. One should always be optimistic in life with high hopes and aspirations.

HOPE = Hold On Pain Ends - automatically.

HOPE - a small word with a great meaning,
It can mean the world to someone who lost everything.
It can be a string that life hangs on to.
It can be a part of a person that makes him happy.
It can be something that makes someone stays alive.
It can be a thing that can change the whole world.
It can be a live changing thing for someone who has none left.
It can be as important as love for someone who is about to lose a lover.
It can be a cure for a patient in a hospital.
It can be the energy for someone who is too tired.
It can be a form of light for someone falling into darkness.
It can be the sunlight for someone who just woke up from deep sleep.
It can be happiness, life, miracle and a lot more.
HOPE can mean a lot to someone who wants happiness and a better life........

If you walk the way guided by humans, you will find hopeless end; & if you walk the way guided by God, you will find endless hope.

Ads

04-04-2014, 04:25 AM

Yes, I do. I would ask that you re-focus your views of mankind. You seem to be too strongly and singularly focused on the negative aspects. I'm not saying those should be ignored, but rather you should expand your worldview to include the good too.

Take a walk through a busy park sometime. See the old couple sitting on a bench, still in love after so many decades. Watch the dad play with his 3-year-old, and see the child's happiness reflected in the parent. Volunteer for a day serving food at a food bank or reading to children at a public library. Join a group that is fighting for a cause you believe to be good, like being pro-gay rights, pro-civil rights, anti-racism, or anti-war, and see the good they are accomplishing.

Search your local libraries or bookstores for a book called "The Better Angels of Our Nature" by Steven Pinker. It's a long read, but it documents in great detail the many ways our world is becoming better over time. Violence and killing, in spite of what we constantly hear in the news, have been on the decline for centuries now. Human rights have been increasing. We are becoming more civilized.

You point out a lot of the bad qualities of humans but there is an even bigger good side for those willing to look. Humans are kind, compassionate, funny, capable of great selflessness, and yes, the good majority do prefer love over war. TV and the internet tend to give a distorted view of humanity as violent, brutish, shallow and stupid. ("Except of course for those who follow MY ideology/religion/politics.") But this picture is itself shallow, and fails to adequately show the full depth of the human condition, a condition on display all around us if only we'd turn off our TV's & computers & smart phones and pay more attention to the real human experience.
04-04-2014, 04:41 AM

Yes, I have hope in mankind. It all begins with a healing of thy self. In so doing, we heal the world and the outcome of the world in the process. Smile
04-04-2014, 04:51 AM

READING THE FIRST SENTENCE I ALREADY LIKE YOU AND YOUR WHY OF THINKING THUMBS UP