This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How should I go about promoting my website?
04-04-2014, 12:57 PM
How should I go about promoting my website?
I have a website that I run and make content for 7 days a week. My content is pretty solid, I think (mostly comedy and opinion stuff, good for entertainment) but I just can't get the following I'm looking for. I usually get between 100 and 200 hits every week but it obviously isn't enough. What should I be doing?

My URL is http://www.sanelythinking.com. What do you think? I have new stuff going up every day as well as shorter stuff on my Facebook page and Twitter feed twice a day (which can be found via the site). What should I do? Can you help me out? If you have a website that you'd like to promote, email noobstoski (at) sanelythinking (dot) com and maybe we can promote eachother.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2014, 01:05 PM

The design is a bit primitive, a custom header graphic & logo for one thing would help, maybe more of a magazine style theme. Your home page bogged down my browser with the review video loading, after close to a minute the page was still not scrolling properly. Some have a placeholder video screen shot that doesn't actually access the video until clicked. Bounce rates can be a big factor for slow loading sites, a slow fling site might lose 30% of the visitors in the first several seconds.

Te topic of the site is a bit confused, you might consider breaking it into a separate games review and humor site so visitors and search engines better know what they can expect to find. Of course getting backlinks is key to better search engine traffic.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply