This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why is my ex turning people against me?? 10 pts!?
04-04-2014, 02:05 PM
Why is my ex turning people against me?? 10 pts!?
After my ex and I broke up I noticed his cousin and another mutual friend defriended me on Facebook. I know for a fact they defriended me just because he told them to because I had not done anything to make them upset.

Why did he do this? He had already blocked me so I can't stalk him. We have about 30 other mutual friends too. He knew I liked looking at his cousin's Facebook, I was friends with her before him.

Did he do it just to hurt me??? I didn't tell any of my friends to defriend him, though I'm sure I could have.

Thanks for answering!
His cousin also blocked me!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2014, 02:20 PM

Are other people's emotions really so opaque to you that you need strangers to explain them?

This isn't rocket science.

Ads

04-04-2014, 02:24 PM

Same thing happened to me. After I broke up with a guy that I had a short fling with he literally wreaked havoc on my life and I lose five mutual friends because of it. He is doing this because he is immature and is trying to take away the things you like so you will be unhappy. It's possible that the only reason he's mad is because you don't have feelings for him anymore.

Be the more mature, better person. Don't confront your ex, that's what he wants. If you are close friends with some of the mutual friends you lost it could be a good idea to reach out to them. Don't be dramatic, just tell them you noticed your not friends anymore and ask what happened. If it's apparent that they're on his side just let it go and don't talk to them. Don't start fights or gossip, it'll make it worse. Good luck to you! I know this is a very difficult situation to deal with.
04-04-2014, 02:29 PM

it is just face book and a bunch of idiots that can't think for themselves. The ones who are smart don't take sides. I bet you have other friends so don't let it get to you. Besides the majority are his family and friends, so let him have his little fan club of fools without a mind of their own.
04-04-2014, 02:39 PM

I am not sure. His friends could have defriended you when they found out you were no longer together with your exboyfriend and so maybe felt it would be disloyal to him to still chat with you. Even if he told them not to, it still put them in an uncomfortable position, even though you were friends with his cousin before him. Blood relations will almost always stick out for each other.

As much as it hurts and I know it will for awhile, the best thing is to try to find new friends and then put them on your FB page to replace the ones you lost and try not to think about your ex and what me might be doing behind your back to perhaps cause more people to defriend you. Have a good attitude, and act like this is no big deal, and start getting out there and meeting new people, including guys. The best way to punish an ex is treating yourself well and letting them go and anybody who wants to go with them, say good riddance to them. True friends will not leave you, so search out new friends.
04-04-2014, 02:40 PM

Sometimes people feel awkward about a break up and don't want to be caught in the middle. We don't know the details about your break up, and it's not nice, but it often happens, and it's their choice. I'm guessing that you're not actually close to these two people because if you were, they wouldn't feel the need to block you, or would have contacted you with an explanation. My opinion is that you let this go and maybe even get away from Facebook for a while if you feel you are actually 'stalking' his 'friends' just to see what he's up to. Let him go and move on.
04-04-2014, 02:49 PM

I wonder why it matters. It's facebook!

When we break up with someone "no contact" is sometimes best.. so he's making sure there isn't any. I don't see what the big fuss is all about.