This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Best free places for online friends without hassle?
04-04-2014, 04:13 PM
Best free places for online friends without hassle?
I've always been the outgoing guy. It's because I grew up in upstate New York (but moved south with family). But my friends around here are all pretty boring. I put on a display of false personality, but really I'm the philosophical writer type. The minute I open my mouth, the same types think I'm some degenerate. Hey, think of the Fonze trying to strike up a conversation with the chess club or something. So I need to find some place online.

I'm also pretty capable of typing out long winded conversations. Such intricacy I can't often form when socializing in person. I don't know why this is. Anyway, when I get on the internet with messengers or live chats I go quiet. On the instant chat (AOL Facebook or Yahoo IM) without time for thought I'm like the shy kid who sat in the back of the room. I have no idea what to say.

The problem with Facebook is you have to befriend strangers who don't really care about the nonsense you have to say. And the nonsense they talk about, I don't care for it. Then there's Tumblr, Twitter and Instagram. Hash tags. I don't understand hash tags at all. There are these stupid tutorials I find from Google that recommend what to use, but then that never works. I have only coworkers visiting my profile on all three sites. The same friends that bore me.

Oh, and sites that don't let you use a profile picture or avatar really tick me off.
I'm looking at you 4chan. Freaking imageboard not allowing images.
Ban crazy mods from hell. Been visiting that place since 2006. Not anymore.

So minus 4chan, Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
What other choices do I have?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2014, 04:16 PM

I highly recommend Second Life. You have to download it and such, but as sad as it sounds, in this game I have made a few of my best friends who I hold dear to me even though we&#x27;ve never met in real life.
You can go to different sims (lands&#x2F;places) that hold people who have the same interests as you. It&#x27;s just a really good place for friend making.

Ads

04-04-2014, 04:27 PM

facebook or learning voice room
04-04-2014, 04:31 PM

Tumblr