This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is your husband/wife your Facebook friend?
04-04-2014, 06:56 PM
Is your husband/wife your Facebook friend?
My husband and I both have Facebook accounts. We are not Facebook friends. We have some friends in common. I never intended on adding him on my Facebook because if there was something I would like him to know, I would tell him in person or over the phone instead of announcing it in a post on Facebook. I dont understand how couples feel the need to announce to the world their love for their partner or tagging each other where they had breakfast, lunch, dinner. Then there are the dumb couples that get angry at things or photos their partner liked.

I could understand if you don't see each other often or long distance but to live under the same roof and see each other everyday. Why do you have the need to be Facebook friends if you live together?

Is your partner your Facebook friend?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2014, 07:10 PM

I've never understood that either. If a husband and wife are living together, then why the hell are they talking to each other on a social network site when they can just say the same thing in person? The only reason I can think of is because they are trying to convice the public of how happy they are. Usually its couples like these that actually very unhappy and are putting on a front.

Anyway, yes my husband is my Facebook friend, but we never post on each other's walls. We are only friends because we play some of the same games on Facebook and its easy to send energy and gifts and other things we need in the games.

Ads

04-04-2014, 07:14 PM

No were not fb friends. Mainly because of two reasons. If i want to rant about women being pain in yhe rses ir whatever or because her football team is the most hated team which is followed from the glory hunters and get all the dodgy decisions and they cheat, so i often need to vent rage at that. Also i agree that couples facebooking each other with bs does me in. plus i dont want her friends and family adding me.
04-04-2014, 07:23 PM

We are too busy for too much facebook. We share an account and it is mainly to keep up with friends and relatives. We have adult children and it is handy. Just been to busy to start one of my own. Just not a priority.
04-04-2014, 07:30 PM

hmmm hear we go,,,,me and my hubby has facebook account,,i never add him to my friend list,as he always ask me to add him as husband in ,my profile,,,,but i never,,,,because he may start shouting those peoples u like oor comment mine pic......he is really dumb,,,,,,but some peoples r thr who r social and understanding those who trust there partner,,,,lots of my friends whr hav thr partner in there list,,,,but some r really not,,,,,because they really dont want to get insult in front of there fb friends lik having dumb partner
04-04-2014, 07:42 PM

no.
04-04-2014, 07:54 PM

No.

I have a life, which means I don't have a Faceplant account.
04-04-2014, 08:06 PM

Neither of us use facebook. facebook sucks.
04-04-2014, 08:08 PM

neither of us has facebook account. facebook is for school children
04-04-2014, 08:21 PM

My husband and I are Facebook friends. I like that I can say that I am married to my husband via Facebook. Occasionally I will see a picture that will remind me of him and I like to share it with him. He has also been working away from home for a couple of weeks and it has been a good way to communicate.
If I'm friends with my mother in law on Facebook, why wouldn't I be friends with my husband on there too?