This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What's the most annoying naming trend to you?
04-04-2014, 11:40 PM
What's the most annoying naming trend to you?
For me it's a tie between giving girls boy names: Tyler, Dylan, Spencer, Carter, Noah (just cause it ends in "ah" doesn't make it a girls name), George, Harley etc.

And people (mostly celebrities) naming their kids objects: Hashtag (*facepalm*), Facebook, Apple, Pirate, Rainbow (you do realize your daughter is one day going to be 40 and have the name Rainbow), Blue Ivy, Ocean, December etc.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2014, 11:42 PM

Boys names on girls. Ew ew ew.

Ads

04-04-2014, 11:44 PM

I hate it when people to insist on naming sons Aubrey, Addison, Madison, etc, just to prove a point that their "masculine". They probably didn't even like these names before they found out they were being used on girls.
04-04-2014, 11:47 PM

The crazy spelling is the one that drives me crazy. Why take a perfectly nice name like Jennifer and spell it in the most bizarre offbeat way possible!
04-04-2014, 11:55 PM

Bizarre spellings of more traditional names as a way to seem hip and unique, all it does it set your child up to be correcting everyone spelling/pronunciation of their names for the rest of their lives. Like Aaron spelled Aehren for a boy. Just...why?
04-05-2014, 12:10 AM

uuugh hate both of the ones you said, the only unisex name i accept is andrea.The second one is even worst!
I hate all weird spelling of names like instead of emily emilaigh or emiley to make it more original!
And i don't like renaming a child after they grandparents, i feel like every newborn in a family should be different so maybe is better to use them as second names and have a unique first name.
Uhh i don't like kids named after cities like brooklyn, paris, sidney..
04-05-2014, 12:19 AM

I don't know if this is really a trend but I hate when parents name their kids after the place he/she was conceived.

"So, why did your parents choose the name Paris for you?"
"Oh, that's where daddy got mommy pregnant!"
04-05-2014, 12:22 AM

I agree with you! Boy names on girls!
And last names as first names.
04-05-2014, 12:34 AM

I agree with yours. Although, I like month names. I also like girl-ized (if that makes sense) boy names (Tylie, I don't really mind Dylan, I can't really think of one for Spencer, Noanna or Noel, Georgie, and I don't really mind Harley either. I like the name Siri even though it's Apple's personal assistant.
04-05-2014, 12:46 AM

1 EVERYONE NAMING THEIR DAUGHTER ISABELLA AFTER STUPID TWILIGHT.
#2 Spelling perfectly nice names wrong to look trendy.
#3 Making up names that sound stupid and trashy to be "unique".