This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tips, Tricks, Solutions, Collabs for a photographer/designer to get big on Instagram?
04-05-2014, 04:54 AM
Tips, Tricks, Solutions, Collabs for a photographer/designer to get big on Instagram?
Hello all, My name is Josh and I run a brand called XEXAi, Although we are a registered business I am trying to expand our reach of my work. Instagram proves to be a good way in doing so, However... It has come to my attention that you either have to be a model, celeberity or hacker to have big amounts of followers and likes on instagram and get the popularity so many people crave. When a small innocent user signs up I believe they have no idea what they are going to do if they want to do something legitimately. People follow for follow, like for like.. the usual stuff but as an independent brand and group I want to get real likes from people who honestly like my work. Followers from people who actually want to see MORE of my work and be involved with my expansion. Don't get me wrong, I follow users I believe have valuable content and possible collboration individuals but the whole sceme of addictive liking and following is well.. not my "style".

I think my main question for most people who have some idea in social marketing is how can I expand more ? I don't have a Facebook page to link, or twitter or even tumblr. I just believe I don't have the content to fill it. Now I know what you're thinking.. "Is your content really that good" I think so, I am a photographer, I concentrate on people and architecture which people find interesting when they take the time to look. I also do designs for fun, which I believe look equally interesting. As of now I have 40 followers, but this has been over 2 weeks. I want to earn big numbers but feel I need a better plan.

What tips could you give to getting recognized more on instagram ?
Are there any real sites for promoting your page more without having to pay ridiculous amounts of money (I haven't done so at all) ??

I see people with 10, 15, 20K followers and it blows my mind, 100's of like son photos! Thats the exposure I need for my work if I want to continue further with future projects outside of instagram.

Sorry for the long question but I'm at a point where I'm really questioning my own work which is never good.

ANY advice would be appreciated

Regards

JN
Founder and head of XEXAi @xexaiii

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2014, 05:05 AM

What you have is a hobby. Business is about money - cash and cash flow. Whenever you understand that and stop being preoccupied with how many hits you've gotten (for nothing) then you'll have something. Until then it's just a hobby and all that you say in your question confirms that.

> I don't have a Facebook page to link, or twitter or even tumblr.

So there's no hope for you if you don't want to work - all of that is ridiculously simple.

Finally - I can see people wanting you to take their portraiture or do weddings. I don't see anything particularly extraordinary as far as art, though. Sorry, it's good but don't quit your day job. Photography is a tough gig.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply