This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can you still use your Facebook account when you turn 13?
04-05-2014, 05:29 AM
Can you still use your Facebook account when you turn 13?
Im asking this for my sister who created a Facebook account in secret without my parents' consent. She is about to turn 13 in a few days, so now my parents said, yes she can create an account. So, the first time she created her account, she put her age as 21, but after my parents said yes, she put her regular age, 12, but Facebook sent her a message saying that they closed her account for the moment. Will she be able to reactivate her account once she turns 13? Will her account be the same? Thank you.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2014, 05:39 AM

Contact Facebook tell them what you said here, they'll open the account.

Ads

04-05-2014, 05:43 AM

First of all, she has to be 13 in the first place to have a Facebook account. Second, minors are NOT allowed to lie about their age and make them appear older than their actual age. Third, Facebook has the right to delete someone's account without their discretion. Since your sister's account was deleted by Facebook because she lied about her age, there is a chance that they have blocked her (IP ADDRESS) from ever creating another account.

She can try and make another account as soon as she turns 13 but not lie about her age. There is a chance that Facebook is not as strict as Myspace who block IP ADDRESSES when minor's lie about their age. However, she has to start from scratch and make another account. So answering your questions, she will not be able to reactivate her account and no her account will not be the same as it has been deleted by Facebook.