This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
i have a question about phone access, i'm not very much a tech kinda person?
04-05-2014, 09:32 AM
i have a question about phone access, i'm not very much a tech kinda person?
soo i have this stupid blackberry that i am dying to change. i have at&t so i gotta wait a few months to be eligible for an upgrade. i dont have instagram or twitter or Facebook, so i dont really care much about the whole social aspect of it. i just want a phone where i have internet access anywhere i go, and can only pay around 50 bucks a month.

i dont care for iPhones at al though they're really cute, and i really like the galaxy 2 and s4, coming from a family where androids are mostly used. But the thing is that i think theyre kinda ugly, and i really want something cute. ive been considering the blackberry z10, its very different and swift and nice when typing and manuring. its not much of an app phone, but i dont care much about apps anyway, so i dont care. however i wanted to know if the new blackberry has that thing where you can go on the internet anywhere. all my friends with andriods and iphones and they can literally look something up in the middle of street and not worry about money and access, and seeing as i had blackberries for a while--ive never been able to do that. i want that.

will the z10 have this? will i have to pay extra for it? and what is what internet access called so i can ask a rep at att&t about it.

thanks in advanced.
what is ios btw?

i dont wanna have to ask the rep at at&T all these questions and look incredibly clueless. i wanna go in there with some knowledge about what i want, you know?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2014, 09:32 AM

All smartphones, including the BlackBerry that you currently have, are able to connect to a data network and surf the internet.

The internet access is called a 'data plan'. This is something that you have to pay for. Many plans have data usage built while others require a data add-on.

iOS is the name of the operating system found on Apple phones and tablets. BlackBerrys use BlackBerry OS, Windows phones use Windows, and Android phones use Android. These are likely to be the only phone OSs that you will encounter while shopping for a new phone.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply