This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question about intel 5th gen processor.(Gaming)?
04-05-2014, 06:58 PM
Question about intel 5th gen processor.(Gaming)?
I heard that the 5th gen wont be great for gaming and is marketed for a more mainstream user.
Is that true? I'm planing on building a pc and I'm debating if I should wait for the next gen processors.
iv been using an core 2 quad Q9450 for gaming for the longest time and honestly it still kick's ass not bad for a 6 year old processor ! But i think its time to pass the torch soon.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2014, 07:11 PM

NO! Do not wait! If you have the money now, go with it instead of waiting a year, because you will get the gaming experience starting early (better), and the newer processors will be based around being small and portability. They want big dinosaurs to be in the size of a laptop, so don't get a next generation unless your are building a laptop! (From what my brother says, who works at Intel, they won't have any extreme editions that will match to a non-extreme edition. i.e. 4930k = 128.6% of best next generation processor)

Ads

04-05-2014, 07:18 PM

Do not wait for 5th generation. Intel have made public statements about wanting to support PC gaming, and they get a lot of income from gaming PC builders so they will continue to manufacture CPUs that are good for gaming. However 5th generation will be the next leap in smaller chips, and you will have to wait quite a while after it starts for the powerful gaming chips to come out. It would be cheaper and better to just go for 4th generation now. You will save money, get better performance(for now at least), and be able to actually use the product and game now. I actually considered waiting until 5th gen also. When I first wanted to build a computer I thought about using the i7 3930k...but then thought about using the i7 4930k....then thought about 5th gen and how great a i7 5930k would be...but ended up sticking with the i7 4930k because its something I can use now and is still very powerful. There will always be something better coming out, and the temptation to wait for it...but if you do that then you will always be waiting. My health is not very good and I had to leave military service due to that, so I can't do much anymore...so I splurged and built a nice powerful gaming PC to try and enjoy my time as best as I can. I suggest you do the same.

You can message me on my facebook at
https://www.facebook.com/pages/NBSN/2053...
to help you more.