This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how much data do iphone apps use?
04-06-2014, 05:00 AM
how much data do iphone apps use?
I am getting the iphone 4 soon with the 200 mb data plan. Now I went on at&t's website and used the data calculator to see how much I would use. (it tells you the amount of minutes on the internet, emails, etc. a month you can have and still be under 200) but it didn't mention anything about the apps. How much data do apps use such as the facebook app or any app that accesses the internet?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2014, 05:01 AM

They dont use that much, occasionally checking facebook, sending pictures every couple of days, using basic apps, and other things arent too consuming of data, you should have enough to get you through the month.

Ads

04-06-2014, 05:11 AM

Really depends on the app, and if it has data connections that work in the background or not. Any apps that include ads that update in the background will use more data than apps that do not have ads updating in the background.

Same for games and music that are phone based, vs streaming music and games you are playing over the internet.

Personally if you have a limited data plan you should be using social media things like Facebook when you are on WiFi or your computer.

There should be data usage apps in the iPhone App Store that can help you see how much data you are actually using while in 3G vs Wifi. Something everyone that does not have an unlimited data plan should have installed in their smart phone no matter which one that have.