This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need new ideas for my Facebook Page?
04-06-2014, 08:08 AM
Need new ideas for my Facebook Page?
Hello.. Please go through my facebook Page
http://www.facebook.com/KeralaCusine Click like Smile
Its a page where I post new recipes of Kerala, I need some new ideas to put in that page. Not just recipies , but ideas to create some articles from the field of south Indian cooking ... Please help!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2014, 08:11 AM

I like your page. So want to give suggestion for you..
-Pure south indian cooking starts from coconut oil.keep your recipes like"This week special" and in that you keep 1 spicy and 1 sweet. and ask friend to try and comment.
- keep recipes more on Rice,Dal, curry,chutney,etc. not only sweets. Like - bisibele rice,rasam have lots of types.,etc.

Ads

04-06-2014, 08:27 AM

It says temporarily unavailable when I go to your page. (PS editing: That is something wrong with MY facebook, I must investigate!)

Being from the US, I have never heard about this kind of food. Maybe just some background of the cuisine, cultural influences, historical tidbits. Plenty of links and pictures.

Recipes certainly, make sure you include proper ingredients and technique, but also maybe a couple variations, maybe to save time or swap out different ingredients in case you don't have everything in the recipe.

Maybe you could highlight an ingredient each week, explore what it is, where it comes from, how it influences your food, and how to use it, and a few extra recipes that make good use of it.

Also if your type of cooking requires special pans or other equipment, discuss those items.

Make sure you discuss what is local and seasonal to your region.

Maybe even some social and environmental issues related to your cuisine...are there any farmers having a hard time due to drought or flood? Is there a pest that is causing problems? Is there any argument about farming techniques like chemicals or artificial irrigation?

Maybe do a gardening segment about growing herbs and how to use them.

Are you in a city that has lots of restaurants that are serving this kind of food OR are you travelling and finding good places to eat? Maybe you can talk about your favorites, and why we should eat there.