This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why did Sarah Palin compare herself to Shakespeare and Bush?
04-06-2014, 11:29 AM
Why did Sarah Palin compare herself to Shakespeare and Bush?
Refudiate is not a word — at least, not one that appears in the dictionary. But don’t try telling former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin. She’s been dropping refudiate bombs all over the place lately, and she’s not about to give up.

Last week, Palin went on Sean Hannity’s Fox News show to claim that it’s “divisive” for the NAACP to call out racist elements in the Tea Party movement. Her I-know-you-are-but-what-am-I argument built to this stirring conclusion: “The Obamas could refudiate what it is that this group is saying. They could set the record straight.” In a since-deleted tweet, Palin wrote, “Ground Zero Mosque supporters: doesn’t it stab you in the heart, as it does ours throughout the heartland? Peaceful Muslims, pls refudiate.” After much Twitter mockery, she erased the tweet, re-posting new versions that used actual words like reject and refute instead of the one she made up. Yet she followed this with another tweet defending her imaginary word: “‘Refudiate,’ ‘misunderestimate,’ ‘wee-wee’d up.’ English is a living language. Shakespeare liked to coin new words too. Got to celebrate it!”

at least in this writer’s opinion, refudiate isn’t even the worst part of Palin’s original tweet, a cynical effort to stoke ugly anti-Muslim sentiment. Blogger Jay Smooth posted a similar take on Twitter: “If Sarah Palin used all the right words, the idea expressed would still be just as wrong. So I refudiate this judgmentation of her wordery.”

So the question really is where does Sarah Palin’s refudiate stand? It’s not quite as versatile as George W. Bush’s classic misunderestimate or Will-Ferrell-as-Bush’s even more classic strategery.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2014, 11:44 AM

I'd shake my spear in that bush.

Ads

04-06-2014, 11:56 AM

If the Republicans manage to make English the official language of the US through an amendment, perhaps we can use the Constitution to finally shut these morons up!
04-06-2014, 12:11 PM

I think she is more MAD TV Material than Shakespeare. Although she is a shrew that needs to be tamed.
04-06-2014, 12:22 PM

what do you expect from a babbling idiot?
04-06-2014, 12:35 PM

What Sarah Palin has done is combine the words repudiated and refute to come up with her refudiate. It boggles the mind that both she and GWB are college grads. Bush has degrees from both Harvard and Yale, image that.
Perhaps, she thinks she as deep as Shakespeare but some how comes out as ignorant sounding or maybe even misunderstood in the same manner as President George W Bush. I disagree with her on that, she knows the media showed Bush no mercy and she has to be foolish to think she is going to get a pass. LOL!
04-06-2014, 12:37 PM

While I am no fan of Sarah Palin. Let us give her some slack. Everyone commits errors of language. Her retort was only in response to the criticism that she got for her English. We are misdirecting her criticism. We should be critical of the xenophobia and chauvinism that she preaches, not necessarily the language errors. She is an easy target though. It would be best if she keeps her mouth shut and tweets silent. She is overexposing her follies and committing a political harakiri.
04-06-2014, 12:42 PM

She compared herself to Shakespeare to get the moonbats on the left all riled up. Seems it was effective.
04-06-2014, 12:49 PM

So she made an bonehead mistake and stood strong defending it ? She sounds like Presidential material for republican conservatives. Another language mangling hopeful for their side. I wonder if they think dumb is better than eloquent?