This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Middle America Longs for Conservatives To Stand Up To Liberal, are they?
04-06-2014, 12:03 PM
Middle America Longs for Conservatives To Stand Up To Liberal, are they?
I wish Republican politicians would have faith in the largely conservative electorate and not behave as though they'll make themselves unelectable unless they pander to Generic Moderate. Who is that guy, anyway? Have you ever met him?
Recently, we've seen a few examples of the liberal narrative's rearing its oppressive head and starkly different reactions to it. The first was Mitt Romney's reportedly telling The Wall Street Journal that as a wealthy person, he thinks he lacks the credibility to aggressively push tax cuts. Mitt is also looking timid about releasing his tax returns. He needs to fight back -- consistently -- instead of surrendering to the liberal narrative that success is evil. Mitt should take a lesson from Newt Gingrich on counterpunching against false liberal charges and innuendo.

Newt put on a clinic in his defiant response to moderator Juan Williams' racially charged questions during the Fox News GOP debate in South Carolina.

I honestly like Juan Williams and believe, based on observing him over the years, that he's a decent human being with a good heart. But for whatever reason, regrettably, he was wearing race on his sleeve that evening, and his race-baiting line of questions, in my opinion, was indefensible.

Juan first tried to lay a race trap for Rick Santorum when asking him whether the time "has come to take special steps to deal with the extraordinary level of poverty afflicting one race of Americans."

Santorum hit it out of the park, unapologetically answering, "If Americans do three things, they can avoid poverty ... work, graduate from high school and get married before you have children."

Perhaps Santorum was not Juan's intended prey, for he chose not to follow up by suggesting that Santorum's answer contained racist code. But if Juan believes that politicians should specifically tailor remedial policies to certain races, why doesn't he condemn President Obama for reversing welfare reform when the evidence proves that it reduced black poverty, black childhood poverty and black illegitimacy?

Juan showed no similar restraint with Newt, suggesting that his recent statements that black Americans should demand jobs, not food stamps, and that poor kids could work as janitors in their schools were insulting, particularly to black Americans. Juan said his email and Twitter accounts have "been inundated with people of all races who are asking if your comments are not intended to belittle the poor and racial minorities." Juan said Newt sounded as if he were trying to belittle people (read: blacks) when calling Obama "the food stamp president."

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2014, 12:08 PM

Conservatives are 20-30% of Americans, their just very vocal.

Ads

04-06-2014, 12:21 PM

I think it's embarrassing when conservatives refer to liberals as "elitist," and then, apparently without irony, presume to speak for all of "middle america." You aren't middle america. You're one person who doesn't even have his facts straight.
04-06-2014, 12:33 PM

if republicans dropped the bible thumping horsesh!t they'd attract more voters.......
04-06-2014, 12:45 PM

Republican agendas are very child like. They cheerfully ship jobs overseas and then chastise people for not having a job and say it's all their fault because they're lazy, a liberal, etc. The GOP is like an abusive husband that beats their spouse and says that its all their fault. Like the abusive husband the GOP knows that if you say it enough times the victim eventually believes it.

Well it's not our fault that jobs were sent overseas to countries that exploit their environment and people. Many of those exploited are children and they know it.

And it's not our fault that the deck was stacked on home values and their accompanying mortgage scams. We were preyed upon.

The ones we elect to protect us has always sided with the 1% to protect them and thereby give us the shaft.
04-06-2014, 12:48 PM

tl;dr
04-06-2014, 01:02 PM

What I find so confusing is that the Middle Class is being squeezed and made responsible for paying the deficit in the budget as the richest Americans and corporations are able to either hide their income in offshore companies or accounts or find loopholes in our tax code to evade larger payments. I find it very unfair that I pay a higher percentage of my income than Romney does. He finds that a $350,000 in speaking fee is "not that much money" while that figure alone would place him in the top 1%. Is there something I'm not understanding?
04-06-2014, 01:04 PM

You have that exactly backwards. We are sick of these racists like Newt being allowed to belittle people and nobody calls them on it. The media is chicken.
04-06-2014, 01:15 PM

Too many errors in this rant to respond. Thanks for 2 points.
04-06-2014, 01:21 PM

I disagree. I think middle America is moderate, if they were honest about it. Most of us pick a party but admit there are things we do not like about the party platform, of which there is nothing we can do about. IF we are pro life we also get Reganomics. If we are pro choice we are stuck gay marriage. It is all or nothing. So we are divided.