This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Idyllwild Arts Academy boarding school?
04-06-2014, 08:00 PM
Idyllwild Arts Academy boarding school?
I'm fourteen and in my second year of dance I spoke with my parents about going to idyllwilds summer dance camp and if it all works out ill be able to go. I'm interested in auditioning for there boarding school though because next year i will be entering high school. I go to public school in my small town theres not a lot of opportunities or places to study dance. I sorta want to go but that would mean living far away from my family and friends and I don't know what to do. Someone please help me! D:
Thanks!
~Margee

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2014, 08:02 PM

Hi Margee!

The Summer Program is an amazing experience! You'll have so much fun - and, if you're taking ballet, you'll actually be working with one of the boarding school's dance teachers, so you can get a sense of the Academy Program.

As far as living away from home, it can seem nerve-wracking at first, but the 300 students at Idyllwild Arts are very outgoing and friendly - and about 90% of them are living far from home as well. You'll have Dorm Parents and an Advisor to support you, as well as your teachers (many of whom live on campus).

If you have any more questions, please email admission@idyllwildarts.org or check out our social media!

- The IAA Admission Team

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply