This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wouldn't you rather invest your Social Security in the stock market?
04-07-2014, 12:22 AM

not the current market

Ads

Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2014, 12:29 AM

You bet - after losing $4,600 first quarter on my 401k - sounds like a plan to me. (sarcasm)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
04-07-2014, 12:35 AM

Well, lets see, the stock market tanked in 1929 and did not reach those same levels again until 1956.

Do you have 27 years to wait for a stock market recovery?
04-07-2014, 12:45 AM

I'm pretty sure I could do better than the average social security return of 2.3% on my lifetime of investment. People basing their decision on this issue by the current market are akin to people who deny global warming based on the current day's weather.

I'm 35 now, I'll probably never see a dime of my Social Security. If I was able to invest the money that I actually earned I'm sure I would be better off.
04-07-2014, 12:55 AM

No I don't wish to gamble my only means of survival when i'm old away.Not a good plan.
04-07-2014, 01:05 AM

Absolutely, ... this is the time to buy so when it rebounds your returns will be astounding.
04-07-2014, 01:07 AM

that is so stupid. that's why it is call social SECURITY. if every thing else fails u should have some thing to fall on.one can invest on 401k ,403B,invest in stock privately .it's the same as saying don't have a savings account ,invest every penny in a stock market.
04-07-2014, 01:18 AM

Any suggestion were 2 invest?
04-07-2014, 01:29 AM

I would rather control where my money goes as opposed to the government... If I want to take a risk in the stock market I should be able to.. If I want to chose a more safe investment I should have that option as well............
04-07-2014, 01:44 AM

If I had been able to since I began working I would be a millionare. Few people seem to realize that when you make contributions to your own retirement plan you actually own something. When you pay SSI taxes the money is gone.

If you die before collecting your pension funds, they belong to your beneficiaries. If you die before collecting SSI it is just gone. They get nothing.