This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I risk it all for an exciting life?
04-07-2014, 12:34 PM
Should I risk it all for an exciting life?
My life is so plain and average. I've always dreamed of being a famous actress, but I'll never get discovered in the tiny town I live in. So I've been debating, should I move from the home I grew up in to somewhere like L.A. or N.Y.C., drop out of high school, and pursue my dreams? I always hear how the big stars did things like this to be famous, but should I really risk leaving everything when I don't know how likely it is that I'll succeed?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2014, 12:40 PM

The popular answer would be yes, but in truth, it really all depends on whether you can live with all the risk (fear and danger included) or not. Not everyone is meant for an exciting life and throwing all your cares to the wind. For some, a carefully and well thought-out life is exciting and worth living too.

Take Jeb Corliss for example, he's the wingsuit man. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jeb-Corli...68?fref=ts

He advocates for doing things you love to do in life, despite the fears and risks, because he believes that's what life is all about. We admire him for that. But that doesn't mean I will go out and sky dive/jump off a plane tomorrow - because it's really not what would make my life exciting.

Ads

04-07-2014, 12:45 PM

If you have a burning desire for it, I would say do it lady, follow your dreams. But remember, there's no plan B!
04-07-2014, 12:46 PM

do I drop out of high school not go to college and go to one of the big cities were unemployment is at its peak and become an actress. girl listen to me finish high school go to college and move up from their don't dig a hole you cant get out of I was offered a very dangerous job not to long ago were I would always be shot at but at the cost of living a very wealthy and risky life style and I chose against it and decided to go to school instead if your destined for great things they will come no matter what you do
04-07-2014, 12:49 PM

If you're ok with that fact that you might not succeed, but maybe wait until you're a little older. You should definitely finish high school first; it'll make finding a job a little easier.
If you're going to take such a big risk, you ABSOLUTELY NEED to have a backup plan, actually multiple plans. There's no telling what could happen in the city. There are a lot dangerous people out there that like to pray on young girls like you. So if you decide to go, be very careful.