This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can I sue someone for hacking my facebook account?
04-07-2014, 01:15 PM
Can I sue someone for hacking my facebook account?
Someone hacked my facebook account. I live in california and the hacker lives in mexico. I was wondering if you guys knew if I could sue someone for doing this. Will the police take me seriously? or will the just be like ok sorry we can't help you. Also can facebook do something about it? I am having a hard time getting my account back.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2014, 01:25 PM

the police arent going to do anything about it, and you cant sue anyone for it

Ads

04-07-2014, 01:40 PM

You probably can if you have six years to do it and can afford the expenses of the whole process. It's most likely nothing will happen unless a Crime is actually committed by that person. Go to face book and log in, but select forgot password. If you set up your email for that account they will send email on how to get logged back in. You can always send FaceBook an email, but it is not likely you will get the response you want. Most hacked accounts are those people who use weak passwords that are fairly easy to find out.
04-07-2014, 01:56 PM

Just change your password to something that nobody will guess. Just don't make it too challenging or you might forget it yourself! The cops won't do anything about it. As long as the hacker didn't do anything horrible to your account or delete all of your friends, There is no need to pursue this in any legal matter. You couldn't do anything legally anyway. While hacking accounts is illegal in some states/countries, The cops aren't going to go after this person and bring them to prison. I don't know how you can be having trouble getting your account access back. I've had my account hacked (Or at least attempted) before and I just changed my password and I had my account back!
04-07-2014, 02:03 PM

Just Change your Password the Police And Facebook Wont Do Much About it Unless They Did Something Bad to your Account
04-07-2014, 02:11 PM

police cant help you just put a extra strong password and use other facebook security options .
04-07-2014, 02:22 PM

In order to sue someone there MUST be financial loss FIRST.