This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What's with all the bragging on Facebook?
04-07-2014, 06:34 PM
What's with all the bragging on Facebook?
I'm a web reporter and I unfortunately have to be on Facebook in order to update status for our newscast. While I personally don't share anything private on the site, I am amazed at how much bragging I see on it. I have this girlfriend who literally checks in to show off her lavish vacations. This is usually followed by countless selfies and photos. It's not like she is a travel writer or anything, just a regular girl. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that she gets to go to the Maldives, Seychelles and Fiji all in one year, but the attention seeking is tacky. Every 3-4 months, it's the same bragging. That doesn't include the staged photo shoots. Ugh. I come from a wealthy family and yet I show none of it on Facebook. When did it all become a popularity contest?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2014, 06:38 PM

Seriously? It's always been that way. Facebook is all about showing what a great person you think you are to your friends who couldn't care less because they are too busy bragging about themselves.
~

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply