This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Becoming a SeaBee in the Navy?
04-07-2014, 08:44 PM
Becoming a SeaBee in the Navy?
I am 14 and want to become a SeaBee In the Navy. I understand that they are a group that mainly does construction and also fights, suggested in the motto, "We build. We fight." I would like to know how to how to join as far as what different qualifications and requirements from generally enlisting in the navy the job has. I would like to know if the job is in high demand or will the recruiter just turn me to another job because of no positions. I would also like to know what exactly the Seabees do and how much more building than fighting they do or vice versa. As for physical I have met the requirements of joining the Navy SWCC, I pushed for it just to be in that condition anyways. I also, as a freshman, maintain a 4.0 GPA.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2014, 08:50 PM

If you have a 4.0 GPA, your ASVAB line scores should be able to get you any SeaBee slot available.

Here are the (oldish) breakdowns of SeaBee jobs: http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedj...seabee.htm

EDIT- Ex CE-2 who walked out of the Navy and into a Journeyman Lineman's job before his terminal leave was over.
Since we're almost out of the `Stan, very little fighting will be done.
SeaBees build advance base, airfields, roads, upgrade infrastructure, set bridges...

If you score high enough to be a CE or EA, then someone will be talking to you about going nuke or fire controller- don't. Bees are much better.
Here is my old Battalions FB site: https://www.facebook.com/pages/NMCB-133s...7002477041

Ads

04-07-2014, 09:00 PM

Most of the retired SeaBee's I work with didn't make it past E-6 in twenty years of service. So if your not a good ass kisser don't plan on making rank.