This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I ask her out?
04-07-2014, 11:00 PM
Should I ask her out?
If you don't want to read the background story skip to the stars **** below...

So, long story...

A couple of years ago at university I met this girl (S), that I quickly developed feelings for, but I was in a relationship with another girl so could go any further with her, so we became good friends.. she introduced me to her group of friends and I very quickly became part of that group, in that group was only one other guy, so naturally we formed a bond, and a bromance was created... shortly after all this I broke up with my girlfriend and took a while to get over her, as it was quite serious. After a little bit of time the feeling for S got stronger and stronger, I didn't talk about it directly with her, but we both talked around the subject and we both said we were terrible at initiating romance, relationships or whatever.. and she sort of mumbled that because of that we'd never go out.. I did think about saying something to her but I was due to head away for a year and didn't see any sense in starting a relationship one month before I crossed the Atlantic for 10 months... while I was away she got into a relationship with the other guy in our group, despite him knowing I always liked her, and him always talking me out of it... I was heartbroken that I'd lost her to my best-friend and naturally felt betrayed... when I came back from my time away things weren't the same, I'd lost her as a friend because he was so possessive, for obvious reasons, and he basically ignored me as a friend at parties and things, even though I hadn't really any hard feelings towards either of them as long as my two friends were happy! She then moved to London and we didn't really talk much, and her boyfriend, who was supposed to be my best-friend stopped talking to me altogether... They broke up about two months ago, I was happy to hear it was over, quite selfishly, but felt bad for her because she was treated like shit the whole time... as soon as they broke up, she popped up on Facebook chat, even though I hadn't talked to her in moooonnntthhss! I'm not fussed about losing him, I just don't want to lose her to another guy... knowing I never got my chance...

***How do I get her out of the friendzone and initiate a relationship?

She lives in London, I live in Belfast, but I'm staying in England at the minute and she is quite reachable, I saw her this weekend and we spent the whole day together, but how do I start a relationship if I don't see her all that often, and can maybe only see her once a fortnight? It's like starting a relationship that's long-distance without having the few months of seeing each other all the time beforehand? Should I just bite the bullet and tell her how I feel? Will it not be awkward next time I see her, neither of us are good at emotions, I could tell her over FB, and she would understand, but would that not make it really awkward next time I see her? Im not all that into overly physical relationships, I just like her for who she is, can you just start kissing and sleeping with a friend though?

THAAAANNKSSS! Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2014, 11:09 PM

Yes, you should for sure ask her out

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply