This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can you unlike facebook pages?
10-15-2012, 08:22 PM
How can you unlike facebook pages?
I know how to unlike the REAL Facebook pages that are ACTUALLY facebook pages, but how can you unlike the ones from like a website like on <3.com and likemmm.com? Please help. I got the one of <3.com, but i cant figure out how on likemmm, there is no unlike button! :/ and im getting chewed out over this FB page!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 08:31 PM

You can hide the posts. Hover over the post from the fan page and click hide. It'll stop them from showing up on your news feed

You can also go to your info tab on your profile and go to view all pages. That will give you the list of all your fan pages. There is a remove link there

or here please The only thing I can think of is to use the filters to the left of the screen. I have a similar problem: I clicked "become a fan" for something I didn't like, and I can't get rid of it. There are a few large groups dedicated to getting an "unlike" button, if you want to join.

good luck

Ads

How to 'Unlike' a Fan Page on the 'New' Facebook

For a site that's so incredibly popular, Facebook sure knows how to aggravate its users. The latest inexplicable change: You no longer "Become a Fan" of, say, Flight of the Conchords or Brendan Benson. Now, you "Like" them. (Find out more in Sarah Jacobsson's recent post, Facebook Decides You'd Rather 'Like' Than 'Be a Fan.')

Even worse, some mumbo-jumbo pop-up I clicked past a couple days ago resulted in all my fan pages getting added to my News Feed--in a way they weren't previously. Now it's even more cluttered than before, with weird and unwanted updates from the likes of Seinfeld and The Simpsons.

If you're anything like me, you've probably been searching high and low for a way to remove some of these News Feed offenders. You have two options: Hide and "Unlike." (Oh, Facebook. Really? Unlike?)

The Hide button appears on the right when you mouse over any item in your News Feed. Click it, and then click the Hide [Fan page] confirmation button that appears. Presto: No more updates from that fan page.

Alternately, you may decide you don't want certain fan pages appearing in your profile any longer (which they still will if you merely hide them). But how do you cease and desist your fandom? Where's the aforementioned Unlike option?

It's hiding in plain sight. Click through to any given fan page, then scroll down to the very bottom of the lefthand column. You'll see a tiny, nondescript Unlike link. Click it and you're free.

How do I implement social plugins and the Like button on my website?
What is the Like feature?
"Like" is a way to give positive feedback or connect with things you c...
"Like" is a way to give positive feedback or connect with things you care about on Facebook. You can like content that your friends post or Pages that you want to connect with on Facebook.
/help/?faq=13942
Was this answer helpful?
What does it mean to "Like" a piece of content that's been posted?
Clicking "Like" under something you or a friend posts on Facebook as a...
Clicking "Like" under something you or a friend posts on Facebook as an easy way to let someone know that you enjoy it, without leaving a comment. Just like a comment though, the fact that you liked it is noted beneath the item.

For example, if you click a Like link beneath a friend's video:

* it'll be noted beneath the video that you liked it
* a story will be posted to your Wall that you liked your friend's video
* your friend will get a notification that you liked his or her video

/help/?faq=13944
Was this answer helpful?
What does it mean to "Like" a Page?
When you click "Like" on a Page, you are making a connection to that P...
When you click "Like" on a Page, you are making a connection to that Page. The Page will be displayed in your profile, and in turn, you will be displayed on the Page as a person who likes that Page. The Page will also be able to post content into your News Feed.
/help/?faq=17115
Was this answer helpful?
How do I unlike something?
You can unlike a piece of content or a Page on Facebook. To unlike a...
You can unlike a piece of content or a Page on Facebook.

* To unlike a piece of content that you or a friend has posted, just click the "Unlike" link that appears beneath the content itself.
* To unlike a Page (which will also remove it from your profile), go directly to the Page and click the "Unlike" link in the lower left-hand column.

/help/?faq=13945
Was this answer helpful?
Why did "Become a Fan" change to "Like"?
To improve your experience and promote consistency across the site, we...
To improve your experience and promote consistency across the site, we've changed the language for Pages from "Fan" to "Like." We believe this change offers you a more light-weight and standard way to connect with people, things and topics in which you are interested.
/help/?faq=17167
Was this answer helpful?
Can I still "Like" a News Feed story about my friends Liking Pages?
No. When you see a Feed story about a friend Liking a Page, there will...
No. When you see a Feed story about a friend Liking a Page, there will be no feedback links below that story. However, if you hover over the Page name, you will see a small preview of the Page and the number of other people who have also Liked that Page. You can then Like that Page to add it to your profile, or you can click through to the Page itself.
/help/?faq=17116
Was this answer helpful?
Is there a difference between "Liking" an item a friend posts and "Liking" a Page?
Yes. Liking a Page means you are connecting to that Page. When you con...
Yes. Liking a Page means you are connecting to that Page. When you connect to a Page, it will appear in your profile and you will appear on the Page as a person who likes that Page. The Page will also be able to post content into your News Feed.

On the other hand, when you click "Like" on a piece of content that a friend posts, you are simply letting your friend know that you like it without leaving a comment.
/help/?faq=17168
Was this answer helpful?
"Database Write Failed" error.
If you are seeing this error, please submit a report here.
If you are seeing this error, please submit a report here.
/help/?faq=14456
Was this answer helpful?
My bug is not listed above.
Although we're unable to reply to every bug report at this time, we ma...

No longer a fan of something? Facebook just made it easier to “unlike” your favorite Facebook Pages through the embedded fan box widgets. While many users have actually requested that Facebook a full functioning “Dislike” feature to express negative sentiment, this feature is simply an easier way to not be a fan of existing Facebook Pages that you like.

Why Facebook would add the unlike button is unknown but many Facebook Page owners have been complaining to us about the feature this morning. Previously, it was pretty difficult to “unfan” (now called “unlike”) Facebook Pages from external websites and even within the Facebook Page itself.

Making it difficult to “Unlike” a Facebook Page was great for Page owners who wanted to rapidly increase the number of fans they had. One could argue in support of Facebook’s addition of “Unlike” as a way to more accurately reflect a user’s interests. However this is much more of a stretch.

While I’m not sure that we’ll see a massive response from Facebook Page administrators against this change, there’s no doubt that many will be frustrated. Do you support Facebook’s decision to add an “Unlike” link? What do you think the impact will be?