This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Random strangers (or pedophiles) on kik?
04-08-2014, 04:03 AM
Random strangers (or pedophiles) on kik?
For some reason random strangers keep getting my kik username and sending me the same messages. So far 3. Each of them have EXTREMELY generic usernames and names. They also seem to have the same pattern of kiks: "Hey, I was looking for fun, have I found it?" or some shit like that. Even if I say stuff like "piss off pedophile" they send messages as if they know I responded but didn't read what I said. 2 of three have sent me the same picture of a girls legs and asked for something in return. This is obviously a spambot, but how could I stop this from happening? And why is it just me that has ever gotten these messages but not my friends? I'm a boy, btw.

Please help. I think kik is becoming really dangerous. And I don't want it to be because it's a fun service. Thanks.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:13 AM

well all I can say is the same thing happened to me but im a girl

Ads

04-08-2014, 04:17 AM

ok, First thing is that why are you using KIK?
Most of the People use many messengers for messaging their friends, like having installed facebook, Wechat, BBM, Whatsapp, etc for the same purpose but don't use them.
I hope you are one of them, KIK is now mostly known as a Crap service where most of the people use it for some kind of Se*ual" chatting, If you are not comfortable with those kind of messages, you should better get away from that and uninstall it ASAP.
I would recommend you to install Whatsapp or We chat for that purpose, but Incase you want to Stick with KIK, Please logout and Create a New ID for it and Try Using it, I guess it is a Good answer to your Question. Check out source link for a List of Most Popular Instant Chatting Messengers.
04-08-2014, 04:21 AM

Same thing happened to me today before at first it was scary then I realized that whenever the stranger sent it , and it didn't say typing. I just blocked them I don't know the point like the stranger was trying to make me get on webcams but I'm 14 so it's kinda gross but I hope you stop getting them. Smile