This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Texting a teacher after graduation?
04-08-2014, 04:04 AM
Texting a teacher after graduation?
Last year a teacher gave me her number as a way for her to help me. I used it and got in trouble. I'm a senior this year and I'm still close with this teacher. She's helped me through a lot of personal things. After graduation would it be safe to continue talking to her via text or would I have to waitffor an extra 4 years when I'm out of the school system? Thank you

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:11 AM

I lived in a state where it was inappropriate and a violation of the law for a teacher to give her personal phone number. (An office number, school email, or school social media would be appropriate for students to contact their teacher.) This sounds like poor professional boundaries. I am a teacher/tutor, and I find students do their best if I am friendly and helpful, but am never a friend. Professional boundaries are good both for you and the teacher. I would concentrate on your schoolwork and making friends at school, church, or other activities such as band, theatre, or sports.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply