This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do some adds, pictures appear when I open a random web? How to stop it?
04-08-2014, 04:05 AM
Why do some adds, pictures appear when I open a random web? How to stop it?
When I'm surfing the Net and I've opened a specific page, some adds, pictures appear on their own. Sometimes they're so dirty and disgusting, even why I visit educative pages.
How can I stop them showing?
I use Firefox.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:13 AM

Those are called pop-up ads and in order to block them, you can install a browser add-on called 'Adblock plus' and once you enable it, you won't see such type of ads in future.

Ads

04-08-2014, 04:22 AM

No need to install anything. But remember the last thing you installed ? Was it some random website you forgot what the name was? That's your problem. Go to the start ups and look up uninstall a program. Find it and uninstall it. However if you wish to keep it then rest install but this time check off the things you don't want such as tool bar or pop ups. Or go to your start, settings, and pop up management. And turn All Cookies Off.
04-08-2014, 04:25 AM

Seems like your browser is hijacked. if trusted sites gets you this then it is not pop-up ad.
try installing good browser hijacker removal software and keep an internet security software running all the time so you dont get these things again