This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where should I post the link to get more traffic on my Facebook page for an upcoming novel?
04-08-2014, 04:05 AM
Where should I post the link to get more traffic on my Facebook page for an upcoming novel?
Hi. I would like to know a good place where I could post the link to my Facebook page for my upcoming novel that will bring more traffic into the site. Any insight on this would be phenomenal. Thanks a billion!

Also, in a gesture of shameless self-promotion, here's the link: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Death-Vows...2990159842

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:13 AM

Well, getting traffic on a facebook page is all about building a brand. You have to be creating content that people want to have show up in their news feed, or have a product that people are excited about. Things like book giveaways can help up your numbers, posts that include user interaction, like asking your followers questions, or posting fun photos or videos that have to do with your brand.

The important thing is to not go overboard. You don't want to LOSE followers as you try to create fun content. Make a word document filled with posts you can make, and then do 2-3 posts a week, max.

Another good way to get traffic is to GIVE traffic to other novels. Visit blogs that encourage self-promotion. Visit the facebook pages of other books and link them from your page, so that they will be inclined to link yours. Make friends with other authors who will be able ot help you with promotion. Publishing a book isn't a job that's done alone, after all!

Right now, all your posts are about how many likes you have. That's not fun or interesting for people to read about. That's not the kind of brand that's fun. You have a slightly negative tone with some of your posts, too. It essentially feels like a bad tumblr page, and not a book's officially branded page.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply