This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My friend is so clingy?
04-08-2014, 04:06 AM
My friend is so clingy?
So my best friend always wants to hang out. Every day or every other day, she will text my phone or Facebook messages asking to hang out. Whenever we hang out, she ALWAYS asks for a sleepover and becomes demanding when I make an excuse. She called my mom behind my back posing as me for the sleepover once! An example: today I woke up and logged onto Facebook and she messages me within a few minutes saying we should go to the mall. (Yesterday she asked me to go out, too) I say we are going bowling (which we are) and she said "you could take me with you or we could just hang out all day." What do I say to this?? I want to be honest, but she blew up last time I did that but I want her to know I generally do not do well at sleepovers. They just aren't my thing. I like going to sleep and waking on my own time every day. I JUST want to hang out. No sleepovers. Thanks for all the help I get Smile Keep in mind I do like my bff. She's super crazy and funny, so I don't wanna stop being friends.
Btw, I'm a really shy quiet person. She's really outgoing, so I find it hard to talk and trust her because I've been betrayed before. I don't tell her my secrets. She tells me all of hers. Sometimes she can be embarrassing and demanding without knowing.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:15 AM

Tell her how you feel

Ads

04-08-2014, 04:17 AM

Show her this.
04-08-2014, 04:23 AM

You should be honest with her...tell her what you said here...that you love her and like to spend time with her but you need more downtime than she does. Or you could blame it on your mom (with your mom's permission of course)...tell her that your mom says you get too cranky after sleepovers and she doesn't want you to have them anymore. And if she asks to be included at family events - just say it's family time...get your mom involved...maybe you two could create a secret code for when you do want to have a sleepover and when you don't...something only you two know so your friend can't trick her...or have her automatically say no but you have a code for when you really want her to say yes.
04-08-2014, 04:29 AM

Okay don&#x27;t be mad but I think she&#x27;s a lesbian.
04-08-2014, 04:31 AM

She is overly dependent upon you and will eventually drive you away, unless you can set some firm and clear boundaries with her that she will honor. You need to tell her, gently but firmly, that you are up for ....but not for .......such as sleepovers. It might help if you were to tell her that your available time to spend with her will be limited to...........hours per week, since you have school work and other obligations, not to mention wanting to spend time with other people as well. Start by telling her you value her friendship and don't want to spoil it or stop seeing her, which is the truth. But, you are going to have to do and say something, or she will continue to overwhelm you and dominate your waking hours.
04-08-2014, 04:39 AM

Well...just have a sleepover to make her sleepover fever go away
04-08-2014, 04:44 AM

sounds like she is aggressively friendly.i would put on the breaks by telling her im not feeling well,need some time to myself to think ,dont take it personal,dont call me, dont come over, ill call you when the storm is over .sometimes you have to keep it real with them.after all shes not that sensitive if she blew up at one time.always be yourself too. i try to do them like they do me ,they dont like that too much maybe you should become extra extra clingy too.beat her to the punch ,call her before she calls or comes over, be loud and abnoxious about everything too and she how that works .ive tried it and it made the persons personality tone down alot. i had 2 friends like that they didnt like each other and believed in that 'you only need one friend and thats me' attitude'.i found out it was alot of favortism in their families and they didnt feel counted in their families. i know guys like that if they never had anyone treat them a certain way,its like me and you forever and no one else.